Can´t execute programs easily in admin mode RRS feed

• Question

• I have a PC with windows 7 x64 with 2 users configured. The first user has the following issue. if (for example) I rightclick the explorer icon joined to the system tray, and then (with another rightclick) select "windows explorer"and finally leftclick on execute as administrator the windows explorer doesn´t open, but appears a window of a "shell extension" which I never did remember to have installed. nor know, where did it come from. It calls itself "context menu platinum" and really doesn´t do anything but make me wait (countdown) without executing nothing and less like administrator.

Fortunately the secondn user isn´t affected.

I found the website of that "context menu platinum" which offers a contact box, but they never responded.

Now I have two questions:

1. How do I remove this thing?

2. What are the registry keys I have to erase and which ones are those who make work admin mode?

• Edited by WolDau Sunday, July 3, 2011 12:28 AM
    • Changed type Arthur Xie Tuesday, July 5, 2011 6:36 AM
    Saturday, July 2, 2011 7:56 PM

Answers

• Context Menu Platinum is a third party application. You may delete it from Control Panel\Program and Features. If it does not help, try ShellExView to remove the plug-in from Context Menu Platinum.

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/shellexview.html  

Important Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Run ShellExView, in the pane sort the entries with manufacturers. Disable all non-Microsoft *.dll files, and check the result. If the issue does not occur, one of the files can be the culprit. We could narrow down it one by one.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, July 8, 2011 8:28 AM
    Tuesday, July 5, 2011 6:44 AM
  • I think I found out what caused the undesired behaviour:

A shell extension called "Find Subtitles" from a site "findsubtitles.com" that should search for subtitles of movie files in the languages desired. I found a shell extension with "RegExView" without company and only with the name "?" but I could recognize the DLL. The Folder was Findsubtitles, so I uninstalled the extension and -thank god- all seems to work fine now. So never trust ... (The site propagates the extension with words like that: "Find easily subtitles on the world´s greatest database of subtitles on internet.")

Thanks for all guys.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011 4:01 PM

All replies

• This is the English forums. For the Spanish forums, please see http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/es-ES/category/w7itpro

Este es el foro Inglés. De los foros español, véase http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/es-ES/category/w7itpro

Saturday, July 2, 2011 8:04 PM
  • ¿Podrías mostrar una captura de pantalla?

Could you please show us a screenshot?

Sunday, July 3, 2011 3:11 AM
  • This is the window, that appears, when "execute as administrator" is pressed from the context menu:

http://www.subirimagenes.com/albums-contextmenuatinum-583275.html

It performs a countdown and does nothing more. There is no possibility to execute anything as administrator, only if the applicatin begs for it.

Sunday, July 3, 2011 6:07 PM
  • Context Menu Platinum is a third party application. You may delete it from Control Panel\Program and Features. If it does not help, try ShellExView to remove the plug-in from Context Menu Platinum.

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/shellexview.html  

Important Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Run ShellExView, in the pane sort the entries with manufacturers. Disable all non-Microsoft *.dll files, and check the result. If the issue does not occur, one of the files can be the culprit. We could narrow down it one by one.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, July 5, 2011 6:44 AM
  • I think I found out what caused the undesired behaviour:

A shell extension called "Find Subtitles" from a site "findsubtitles.com" that should search for subtitles of movie files in the languages desired. I found a shell extension with "RegExView" without company and only with the name "?" but I could recognize the DLL. The Folder was Findsubtitles, so I uninstalled the extension and -thank god- all seems to work fine now. So never trust ... (The site propagates the extension with words like that: "Find easily subtitles on the world´s greatest database of subtitles on internet.")

Thanks for all guys.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011 4:01 PM