microsoft Fix It 50469 isn't working for me. I need Help!!! RRS feed

• Question

• Microsoft Fixit 50469 is suppoised to be a fix for a wireless card issue with windows xp service pack 3. Basically my card won't allow me to connect to my network when I first turn on the computer.

I have to run microsoft Fix It 50469 and then it lets me connect.

Everytime I shut the computer off I have to re-run the microsoft fixit 50469 or else I can't get onto my network.

Isn't 50469 supposed to permently fix my problem?

Why do I have to run it everytime I power on the computer?

Please someone tell me how to fix this.

Thank you

IrishFox12

Monday, January 2, 2012 7:23 PM

All replies

• This problem happens when Windows Wireless Zero Configuration Service is turned off.

This can happen if

1. You have a utility or any other app that controls Wi-Fi connection of your Windows. Most of times, the application would be in the start-up application list so your Windows Wireless Zero Configuration Service is turned off once you turn on the computer.

In this case, please remove any other Wireless related apps in your Startup Programs

Go to Start > Run.

1. Type msconfig and press Enter.

Display of the Run window when starting MSconfig

2. The General tab helps diagnose if the problems encountered are with drivers, services, or startup items by unchecking the appropriate boxes and restarting. The Startup tab allows you to individual disable or re-enable startup items. Disable any Wireless or Network Adapter related apps in this Startup. Your Wi-Fi should work fine since the only required component you need is already load from your drivers when Windows starts.

Display of the System Configuration Utility window

2. Your Windows Wireless Zero Configuration Service is disabled or set to Manual in Services. In this case,

• Click Start, click Run, type %SystemRoot%\system32\services.msc /s, and then click OK.
  • Double-click Wireless Zero Configuration.
  • In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.
  • In the Service status area, click Start, and then click OK.

• "Everything we do is dictated by motive."
Monday, January 2, 2012 8:09 PM
  • Just have a look at Microsoft Support: "Error message when you try to run the Wireless Network Setup Wizard after you update to Windows XP Service Pack 2, Service Pack 3 or Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005"

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/871122

It mentions: To attempt to reconfigure Wireless Zero Configuration for all wireless profiles, go to the "Fix it for me" section.

If you’d rather attempt to reconfigure Wireless Zero Configuration yourself, go to the "Let me fix it myself" section.

My blogs: Henk's blog and Virtuall | Twitter: @HenkHoogendoorn | Profile: LinkedIn

Tuesday, January 3, 2012 3:24 PM