Office 2007 silent installation - exit code 30066 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to create a silent deployment of Office 2007.

I've edited the config.xml for changes outlined in http://technet2.microsoft.com/Office/en-us/library/e16af71c-fed4-40da-a886-95e596c3999e1033.mspx?mfr=true.

I've created an MSP file with the Customization Tool.

I've created a new package and program using the following commandline:  setup.exe /adminfile file.msp /config config.xml

I've created a manadatory advertisement to a collection that will only install Office when a user is NOT logged on.

The deployment fails with the following:

The program for advertisement "TOR20025" failed ("TOR00005" - "Office 2007 Enterprise"). A failure exit code of 30066 was returned. User context: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Possible cause: Systems Management Server (SMS) determines status for each program it executes. If SMS cannot find or correlate any installation status Management Information Format (MIF) files for the program, it uses the program's exit code to determine status. An exit code of 30066 is considered a failure. Solution: For more information on the exit code, refer to the documentation for the program you are distributing.

The Application log also shows no evidence of the installation beginning, either.

If I run the above command-line from the Run dialogue it executes and installs Office properly with no interaction.

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 2:31 PM

Answers

• Jason,

I had the same problem earlier today.  The 30066 means that the Office setup failed a prerequisite check.  There are several things that could cause this.  Mine was not enough space on the C: drive.  Look at the log file located here on the computer that failed the install:  C:\Documents and Settings\[Login Name]\Local Settings\Temp.  The file was called something like SetupExe(2006....).log

It's usually toward the bottom of the log file.  Hope this helps!!

Doug

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 10:51 PM

All replies

• Jason,

I had the same problem earlier today.  The 30066 means that the Office setup failed a prerequisite check.  There are several things that could cause this.  Mine was not enough space on the C: drive.  Look at the log file located here on the computer that failed the install:  C:\Documents and Settings\[Login Name]\Local Settings\Temp.  The file was called something like SetupExe(2006....).log

It's usually toward the bottom of the log file.  Hope this helps!!

Doug

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 10:51 PM
  • I feel foolish!  I should have checked that.  Especially since I'm testing with virtual machines!  That was the problem.  Thanks very much!
    Friday, December 7, 2007 3:21 PM
  • Just a heads up if you're pushing with SMS/SCCM unter the NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM account, the log file will actually be under C:\Windows\Temp (just in case someone didn't know).
    Monday, August 4, 2008 9:51 PM
  • In  my case log file was also located at C:\Documents and Settings\[Login Name]\Local Settings\Temp and the root cause was the absence of .NET
    Monday, October 17, 2011 7:06 PM
  • In my case the cause was a corrupted Visio installatoin.

Error: Product is not installed, therefore transition to MMode is unsafe for product: VISIO Type: 27::InstalledProductStateCorrupt.

Not showing message because suppress modal has been set.  Title: 'Setup Errors', Message: 'This product installation has been corrupted. Run setup again from the CD, DVD, or other original installation source.'

Friday, March 22, 2013 8:21 PM