none
BCS problem

Question

• hi I face the error 

Database Connector has throttled the response. The response from database contains more than '2000' rows. The maximum number of rows that can be read through Database Connector is '2000'. The limit can be changed via the 'Set-SPBusinessDataCatalogThrottleConfig' cmdlet. 

and after seraching I found the below command but I donot know how to undrestand the identity 

Get-SPBusinessDataCatalogThrottleConfig -Scope Database -ThrottleType Items -ServiceApplicationProxy $contosoServAppProxy | Set-SPBusinessDataCatalogThrottleConfig -Maximum 1000000000 -Default 500000

Monday, April 17, 2017 10:56 AM

All replies

• Refer below link to configure more than 2000 rows in BCS...

http://akanoongo.blogspot.in/2011/02/how-to-resolve-2000-items-resolution-in.html

Monday, April 17, 2017 11:09 AM
  • Hi ,

Check below script to change the throttle config

Set-SPBusinessDataCatalogThrottleConfig -Identity $dbRule -Maximum 1000000 -Default 3000

Set-SPBusinessDataCatalogThrottleConfig -Identity $dbRule -Enforced:$false

Set-SPBusinessDataCatalogThrottleConfig -Identity $dbRule -Enforced:$true

Remember that if you run one of these commands and immediately type $dbRule, you won’t see the changes reflected; you should re-fetch the rule using Get-SPBusinessDataCatalogThrottleConfig again. Your changes are immediately committed by Set-SPBusinessDataCatalogThrottleConfig, but it may take a few minutes for them to be reflected in external lists and other runtime scenarios.

Reference : https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/bcs/2010/02/16/bcs-powershell-introduction-and-throttle-management/

Mark it as an answer if it helped you out. Regards Rahul Dagar

Monday, April 17, 2017 11:30 AM
  • Hi maria1368,

Please check if the above replies help you. If yes, please mark the replies that help you as answers.

If not, please feel free to reply.

Thanks,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 7:22 AM
  • Hi Maria,

Any update on the problem?

Mark it as an answer if it helped you out. Regards Rahul Dagar

Monday, May 01, 2017 12:35 PM