none
Exchange 2007 Client Access and Receive Connector options not available (EMC) RRS feed

• Question

• We have a SBS2008 server with Exchange 2007

When I open the EMC and go to Server Configuration --> Client Access, none off the options are available (greyed out). OAW, OWA, ActiveSync are working without any problems. Outlook anywhere enabled shows False,when I try to reanable it I get the following error message:

Summary: 1 item(s). 0 succeeded, 1 failed.
    Elapsed time: 00:00:01

SERVERNAME
    Failed

Error:
    The Active Directory object for virtual directory 'IIS://SERVERNAME.domainname.local/W3SVC/3/ROOT/Rpc' on 'SERVERNAME' could not be created. This might be because the object already exists in Active Directory. Remove the object from Active Directory, then re-create it.

Unexpected Error

Warning:
    Outlook Anywhere will be enabled on your Client Access server after a configuration period of approximately fifteen minutes. To verify that Outlook Anywhere has been enabled, check the application event log on server SERVERNAME.

Exchange Management Shell command attempted:
    enable-OutlookAnywhere -Server 'SERVERNAME' -ExternalHostname 'mail.domainname.net' -DefaultAuthenticationMethod 'Basic' -SSLOffloading $false

Elapsed Time: 00:00:01

Also the receive connectors are not visible from EMC, it's just blank under receive connectors, but mails are received without any problems.

Does someone know a way to resolve this?

Thursday, April 24, 2014 1:16 PM

Answers

• Try creating a new account that isn't a member of any protected group. Then place that account into the "Exchange Organization Administrators" role. Log on with that new account and see if that one works.

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE&I, Exchange MVP

Monday, April 28, 2014 9:28 PM
  • Open the EMC and click "Files | Options..." and then "Delete Files". Sometimes cleaning up helps.

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 11:49 PM

All replies

• Has your account been made a member of the "Exchange Organization Administrators" role?

Thursday, April 24, 2014 10:05 PM
  • Yes, my account is member of the Exchange Organization Administrators role.
    Monday, April 28, 2014 7:01 AM
  • Try creating a new account that isn't a member of any protected group. Then place that account into the "Exchange Organization Administrators" role. Log on with that new account and see if that one works.

Monday, April 28, 2014 9:28 PM
  • That worked!

I created a new account and placed it into the Exchange Organization Administrators role, now I'm able to see all the options normally.

I also re-added the original account to the EOA role but I still don't see the options there. When I go to Organization Configuration I also get the following error message:

You do not have permissions to read the security descriptors on CN=servername,CN=Server......DC=domainname, DC=local. It was running command 'get-ExchangeAdministrator'

So it must be a permissions issue. The strange thing is that under Exchange Administrators I can see my account and it has the role Exchange Organization Administrators.

• Edited by VinnieL Tuesday, April 29, 2014 6:33 PM
    Tuesday, April 29, 2014 6:29 PM
  • Open the EMC and click "Files | Options..." and then "Delete Files". Sometimes cleaning up helps.

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 11:49 PM