none
blue empty screen instead of bitlocker menu when loading windows. The drive is encrypted.

Question

• Dear Sirs! I have encryptrd system windows disc with Bitlocker., The access method is flash drive. .The encryption works normally. But I eject the flash drive and reboot the comp, the only  empty blue screen appears. and the comp  reboots in 2-3 minutes.  This means I can not to restore access from the bitlocker key, if the flash? for example, will be broken.. Please write me how to solve it.

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 12:42 PM

Answers

• Hi algusev,

You might be facing this issue due to corrupt system files or outdated graphics card. I suggest you to change the resolution on the computer and update the graphics card and check if it helps.

a) Right-click the mouse from the desktop interface and select “Screen Resolution” from the menu.

b) Check the screen resolution shown there. It should be at least 1024 X 768.

Method 1: Update video card driver.

Steps to update video card driver:

1.Press Windows key + X and select device manager.

2.Select the video card device and right click on it

3.Now select properties.

4.In the properties window, under Driver tab, click on Update Driver button.

5.After the installing the updates restart the computer.

If the issue persists even after updating the graphics card driver, I suggest you to run the SFC scan and check.

Method 2: Run a system file checker scan and then try to create system restore points check if that helps. Refer the following steps to run SFC scan.

Please refer to the steps to perform SFC Scan:

a. Press “Windows Key + Q” to open Charms Bar.

b. Type “cmd” without quotes in the search box.

c. On the left pane, right click on the “cmd” option and select “Run as Administrator”.

d. Type ‘sfc /scannow’ without quotes and hit enter.

Note: It may ask for windows installation DVD to fix and to enable SFC to make more than minor repairs. Some files saved on your computer might get deleted when fixing corrupted files.

For more information, please refer to the link:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-security/bitlocker-pin-pre-boot-screen-empty/f985c4f6-dd71-4586-bd46-50f513432bb3

Best Regards,

Tao

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, June 30, 2016 9:36 AM

All replies

• Hi algusev,

You might be facing this issue due to corrupt system files or outdated graphics card. I suggest you to change the resolution on the computer and update the graphics card and check if it helps.

a) Right-click the mouse from the desktop interface and select “Screen Resolution” from the menu.

b) Check the screen resolution shown there. It should be at least 1024 X 768.

Method 1: Update video card driver.

Steps to update video card driver:

1.Press Windows key + X and select device manager.

2.Select the video card device and right click on it

3.Now select properties.

4.In the properties window, under Driver tab, click on Update Driver button.

5.After the installing the updates restart the computer.

If the issue persists even after updating the graphics card driver, I suggest you to run the SFC scan and check.

Method 2: Run a system file checker scan and then try to create system restore points check if that helps. Refer the following steps to run SFC scan.

Please refer to the steps to perform SFC Scan:

a. Press “Windows Key + Q” to open Charms Bar.

b. Type “cmd” without quotes in the search box.

c. On the left pane, right click on the “cmd” option and select “Run as Administrator”.

d. Type ‘sfc /scannow’ without quotes and hit enter.

Note: It may ask for windows installation DVD to fix and to enable SFC to make more than minor repairs. Some files saved on your computer might get deleted when fixing corrupted files.

For more information, please refer to the link:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-security/bitlocker-pin-pre-boot-screen-empty/f985c4f6-dd71-4586-bd46-50f513432bb3

Best Regards,

Tao

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, June 30, 2016 9:36 AM
  • I guess you mean the system does not even boot? That would make much more sense and the help you would get would be totally different. Please confirm what is happening:

A The computer is restarted and boots and somewhere along the way to the logon screen, it shows an empty blue screen

B the comp. is restarted and right after POST it shows that empty blue screen and does not boot

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 9:50 PM