Modify the from header depending of destination domain in Exchange 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.

I have an Exchange 2007 organization. One edge and 2 mailbox-cas-hub servers. I want to modify the "From" header depending of destination domain.

For example, if the destination domain is @example.com and the sender is user1@newdomain.com, the new sender must be changed to user1@lastdomain.com . The user1 has both email address added as smtp address and @newdomain.com was set as primary address to respond and receive emails.

I have tried with transport rule but I cannot create it, because I received an error when I want to modify the "From" value. The command and error message are:

Command:

New-TransportRule -Name 'Test' -Comments '' -Priority '0' -Enabled $false -From 'account1@newdomain.com' -SentToScope 'NotInOrganization' -RecipientAddressContainsWords '@example.com' -SetHeaderName 'From' -SetHeaderValue 'account1@lastdomain.com'

Error:

You can't set header 'From' with value 'account1@lastdomain.com'

I have tried without "@" and only with the username, but I got the same error.

I have been the New-AddressRewriteEntry option, but on this command I cannot set a specific destination domain, only it can set an internaldomain and externaldomain parameters.

I would like to resolve this issue with Exchange 2007 tools or commands, but I guess this requirement can be done with a third-party tool, anyone knows any?

Thanks and regards.

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 12:10 PM

Answers

All replies