Windows 7 - Blue screen & error 24 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have just installed Windows 7 Beta on a HP D530 Motherboard with 2.66 Ghz. CPU & 2 GB Ram.
    Everything worked fine until I went to do a Scandisk (and elected to automatically fix file system errors). Scandisk was completed satisfactorily but when the computer tried to restart to load Windows 7,  I got the "Blue Screen" with the following error :

STOP : 0X00000024  ( 0X000C22D2, 0X00000010,  0X00000000, 0X00000000)

I have tried all the options available to me, i.e. Safe Mode, Last Known Good Configuration, Repair Computer. I even tried booting from the Windows 7 DVD, but nothing worked. The computer always restarts and returns to the Blue screen erroor message.

Any suggestions will be welcome.

Thank you.

Steve.

• Edited by Wainui Monday, March 2, 2009 5:40 PM
    Sunday, March 1, 2009 2:23 AM

Answers

• Is your system a d530 Small Form Factor similar to the below picture? 

Is this the system where the hard drive is directly located under the power supply?  If so, I know your pain.  A couple years back, I had a batch of about 50 of these computers.  Out of that 50, I would say about 30% experienced dead hard drives that had to be shipped back to HP (after you ran the required BIOS diagnostic and provided HP with the failure code).

Other IT counterparts also had this same system—it was part of a mass purchase.  The same problem happened with them; they experienced about a 30% to40% failure rate.

It got to the point that the older Dell GX270s that these systems were to replace actually remained in service while the newer d530s ended doing “menial” work that was not production sensitive.

Boot into the BIOS and do the hard drive diagnostic.  With this system, I would start there.

Good luck.  You will need it.

Monday, March 2, 2009 9:57 PM

All replies

• Are you running RAID?  What is the actual designation of your computer?  Just stating “HP D540 Motherboard” is of little help.

Monday, March 2, 2009 4:04 AM
  •  STOP 0x24 is an NTFS File System error.  Basically, if chkdsk /r doesn't fix it, then I'd have to suggest running a diagnostic on the hard drive that's usually available from the support website of the hard drive manufacturer.
    - John
    Monday, March 2, 2009 5:05 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks for your replies. DarienHawk, a correction to my first post my Motherboard is an HP D530 :
    http://search.hp.com/gwnzeng/query.html?charset=iso-8859-1&lk=1&la=en&nh=10&rf=0&qs=&hpvc=sitewide&uf=1&st=1&qt=HP+Compaq+d530+Small+Form+Factor+Desktop+PC+specifications

Usama, I ran the Ultimate Boot disk on Startup and that did not find any errors on the hard drive.

Monday, March 2, 2009 6:02 PM
  • Is your system a d530 Small Form Factor similar to the below picture? 

Is this the system where the hard drive is directly located under the power supply?  If so, I know your pain.  A couple years back, I had a batch of about 50 of these computers.  Out of that 50, I would say about 30% experienced dead hard drives that had to be shipped back to HP (after you ran the required BIOS diagnostic and provided HP with the failure code).

Other IT counterparts also had this same system—it was part of a mass purchase.  The same problem happened with them; they experienced about a 30% to40% failure rate.

It got to the point that the older Dell GX270s that these systems were to replace actually remained in service while the newer d530s ended doing “menial” work that was not production sensitive.

Boot into the BIOS and do the hard drive diagnostic.  With this system, I would start there.

Good luck.  You will need it.

Monday, March 2, 2009 9:57 PM