Service Level Dashboard 2.0 Configuring RRS feed

• Question

• I try to create SLD for servers CPU load. When I read SLD 2.0 manual I see different web parts like "speedometers", graphs etc.

I create new Service Level Tracking item, select "Windows Server 2003 Operating System" as targeted class, select all objects of the class.
    On the SLO page I select Collection Rule SLO, targeted class - Windows Server 2003 Processor, collection rule - Processor % Processor Time 2003

After that I select my SLT in the Dashoard Configuration. When I save it I can see Service Level Web Part, Service Levels Targets Web Part and there are no graphs or "speedometers"
    How can I add those web parts?
    Monday, June 15, 2009 1:57 PM

Answers

• Matt

Please send me the log file from C:\ProgramData\Service Level Dashboard 2.0\Logs.

SSRS report is a simple test, to make sure that the data is available.  If the data is rendered on the report then it will render on the dashboard.  Below are the few troubleshooting steps

1. Make sure the Operations 2007 reporting is upgraded to R2 reporting is upgraded.
    2. As a test run the "Service Level Tacking Summary Report" and see that the data is rendered correctly.
    3. Make sure you import the Service Level Dashboard 2.0 Management Pack.
    4. Install SLD by Run As Administrator or Open a command prompt as an administrator (in Start menu, right-click command prompt and select Run as administrator).

5. Open ..\inetpub\wwwroot\wss\virtualdirectories\51918\web.config file

Search for callstack = “False”
    Change to callstack = “true”

Search for customerror=”on”
    Change to customerror=”off” 

6. Execute the Dashboard and review the log file @ C:\ProgramData\Service Level Dashboard 2.0\Logs.

• Marked as answer by StuartR Thursday, August 27, 2009 7:24 PM
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 11:11 PM

All replies

• Hello Alex

Do you see a Gray Circle? Can you see the data on Service Level Summary Report.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 8:37 PM
  • can you tell me a little bit more about this please?

here is screenshot SLD I can see: http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/5223/sld.gif
    Thursday, June 18, 2009 6:44 AM
  • Alex,  The image means that there is no data.  Can you please run Service Level Summary Report and let me know if you can see any data on the report?

Thursday, June 18, 2009 6:39 PM
  • I can see only the following picture when I try to generate Service Level Tracking Summary Report
    http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/8316/sldreport.gif
    It seems that data don't collect
    What should I do to fix that?
    Monday, June 29, 2009 9:25 AM
  • Hi Raghu

One part of my problem is gone.

Before we used 2007 R2 RC version and SLD 2 completely didn't work
    It seems like RC version is incompatible with RC

Today we have upgraded our version to 2007 R2 RTM. I uninstalled SLD 2.0 both from SCOM and SharePoint site and deleted SLD database before doing that

Then I have installed a new version of SCOM, installed SLD 2.0 MP and installed ServiceLevelDashboard_x64.msi on our SQL and Sharepoint server

Now I am creating new test SLO (like earlier) and trying to generate SLD report. Report works OK, here is the screenshot:

But when I try to add this SLO into the SLD homepage, I've got the following error: http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/2913/sldreport.png
    An Error has Occured. View the Logs for more information

here is the screenshot: http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/9880/sldhomepage.png
    Friday, July 3, 2009 1:46 PM
  • Hi Alex

Can you please follow the below procedure and let me know what is happening?

a.       Login with Administrator privileges on WSS 3.0 machine.

b.      Open ..\inetpub\wwwroot\wss\virtualdirectories\51918\web.config file

·          Search for callstack = “False”

·          Search for customerror=”on”

c.       Execute the Dashboard.

My guess is there might be a access issue.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009 1:52 PM
  • Hi,
       I'm getting the same error as above "An Error has Occured. View the Logs for more information".  This is on a clean installed of SCOM 2007 R2.  I've followed the above steps but it doesn't tell me anything new.

Regards,

Matthew

Tuesday, July 14, 2009 4:17 AM
  • Hi Matt

If you have followed the below step, it should give you the raw error message.

a.       Login with Administrator privileges on WSS 3.0 machine.

b.      Open ..\inetpub\wwwroot\wss\virtualdirectories\51918\web.config file

·          Search for callstack = “False”

·          Search for customerror=”on”

c.       Execute the Dashboard.

If you are getting the same error, then try after you do IISReset.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009 5:46 AM
  • Yes.  I've followed the above steps and I still get the same error message.  Where are the logfiles it's referring to?

FYI:

Windows Server 2008 Datacenter x64
    SQL Server 2005 x64 SP2
    WSS 3.0 SP2 x64
    SCOM 2007 R2
    SLD 2.0 x64 (Management pack was installed prior).

I have a dev environment where it works fine. 
    Windows Server 2008 Enterprise x86
    SQL Server 2005 x86 SP2
    WSS 3.0 SP2 x86
    SCOM 2007 R2
    SLD 2.0 x86 (Management pack was installed prior).
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 2:30 AM
  • The log file is in

C:\Program Files\Service Level Dashboard 2.0\Logs.

Can you check if for Impersonate = “True” in web.config file.  If it is false, change it to "True"

Wednesday, July 15, 2009 5:11 AM
  • <identity impersonate="true" />

Is what is currently set in the web.conf file.

The logs folder is empty.
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 5:47 AM
  • This is strange.  Can you please send me the screenshot?  Is it possible to uninstall and reinstall?
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 1:14 PM
  • Sorry about the delay. I am working on uploading a screenshot.

In the meantime from playing around in my dev system it doesn't look like SLD 2.0 does what I need anyway.  It is very disapointing that SCOM 2007 R2 lacks a proper dashboard.  The under the hood data that is collected is excellent, but the presentation of this data is terrible.  I should be able to setup a simple dashboard out-of-the-box, as a web page, that shows a straight forward top ten style list, of such fundamentally important things as RAM, CPU, Network, Free Disk,  and Uptime for all my monitored servers.   From here I should be able to click ONCE for any device and see a graph that shows this data over time.  Most other products such as Orion NPM can do this, so I am surprised that Microsoft left this feature out.
    Monday, July 20, 2009 6:28 AM
  • Am having the exact same issue.  Did you ever find a solution to this?

Monday, July 27, 2009 4:00 PM
  • Were you able to view the data in Service Level Tracking summary report?  Can you please send the screenshots?
    Monday, July 27, 2009 7:19 PM
  • I have uninstalled and re-installed with no luck... I have found that the reporting functionality is not working due to some issue with SQL Reporting Services.  Would that impact on this at all?

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 1:53 AM
  • Matt

Please send me the log file from C:\ProgramData\Service Level Dashboard 2.0\Logs.

SSRS report is a simple test, to make sure that the data is available.  If the data is rendered on the report then it will render on the dashboard.  Below are the few troubleshooting steps

1. Make sure the Operations 2007 reporting is upgraded to R2 reporting is upgraded.
    2. As a test run the "Service Level Tacking Summary Report" and see that the data is rendered correctly.
    3. Make sure you import the Service Level Dashboard 2.0 Management Pack.
    4. Install SLD by Run As Administrator or Open a command prompt as an administrator (in Start menu, right-click command prompt and select Run as administrator).

5. Open ..\inetpub\wwwroot\wss\virtualdirectories\51918\web.config file

Search for callstack = “False”

Search for customerror=”on”

6. Execute the Dashboard and review the log file @ C:\ProgramData\Service Level Dashboard 2.0\Logs.

• Marked as answer by StuartR Thursday, August 27, 2009 7:24 PM
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 11:11 PM
  • All good now.  Thanks for your help.  I fixed an error with SQL Reporting services and it works now.

Wednesday, August 5, 2009 7:47 AM
  • what error in SQL RS was it matt?
    Friday, August 13, 2010 2:12 AM
  • I get the same error as above.   Followed all the guidance given, however the (hidden) Dashboard Configuration area still give 'An Error has Occured.  View the logs for more information'.   

I have no error logs in the folder.

I need to get this working.   Any more suggestions?

Dave.

Friday, June 3, 2011 10:45 AM