Call transfer issue RRS feed

• Question

• For some reason the only Skype for Business Enterprise Voice (on-prem) calls we can transfer are Skype to Skype calls.  If we try to transfer a call that came in from our Cisco phone system over a SIP trunk it fails.  It does not matter if it is an internal or external call.  As we want people to be able to chose to use Skype for Business instead of their Cisco desk phone this is an issue.  I thought it might be an issue with the way we forward calls from our Cisco system to Skype for Business but if it is, it happens on direct calls that use a route pattern as well.  The transfer immediately fails with "The person you're trying to transfer the call to is unavailable or offline." when they are online.

I have disabled Refer support & media bypass.  Any logs you need, please let me know.  I'm guessing it is something setup not quite right in our Skype for Business system, but I don't know where to look.

Friday, April 20, 2018 9:46 PM

Answers

• Hi shaunmccloud,

Based on your description, I understand that you have issue the PSTN call from CISCO to Lync server?

Is that the same issue with PSTN call between SFB server?

For this issue, we suggest you collect CLS log for Mediation server and Front End server, collect the information like following: please send the information in the following e-mail address:ibsexc@microsoft.com

Best Regards,
    Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Alice,

I was disabling Refer support on just the CUCM -> SfB trunk, when I did it from the Skype shell it started working.  Not sure what the cause was, but I am OK with the solution.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Tuesday, April 24, 2018 1:43 AM
    • Marked as answer by shaunmccloud Tuesday, April 24, 2018 12:59 PM
    Monday, April 23, 2018 1:36 PM

All replies

• Hi shaunmccloud,

Based on your description, I understand that you have issue the PSTN call from CISCO to Lync server?

For this issue, we suggest you collect CLS log for Mediation server and Front End server, collect the information like following: please send the information in the following e-mail address:ibsexc@microsoft.com

Best Regards,
    Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, April 23, 2018 8:39 AM
  • Hi shaunmccloud,

Best Regards,
    Alice Wang

Alice,

I was disabling Refer support on just the CUCM -> SfB trunk, when I did it from the Skype shell it started working.  Not sure what the cause was, but I am OK with the solution.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Tuesday, April 24, 2018 1:43 AM
    • Marked as answer by shaunmccloud Tuesday, April 24, 2018 12:59 PM
    Monday, April 23, 2018 1:36 PM
  • Thanks for your sharing, you can mark your reply as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Alice Wang

Tuesday, April 24, 2018 1:44 AM