what windows version is my samsung ultrabook 5 13"? RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Techie,

1)my windows critical update sp1 and sp2 no matter how many times i successfully update it, when i restart my comp, it will ask me to update the same thing again, and my samsung software launcher just couldnt upload fully my software manager lately I dont know why.

2)is my windows  7  home version that comes together with this ultrabook 5 is the 64 bit version?  i went to the advance folder for display quality only show options 32bit. has my computer be scammed and downgrade my version? is it possible?

3)i've tried following windows help content to "manage/take ownership" of a hard disk after i install the Microsoft Office Click-to-Run 2010 (Protected) to a particular partition.. and i kept getting "access denied" when i tried to open the folder. pls kindly advice. And i couldn't even scanned it with my antivirus. Does that mean that my particular hard disk/partition owned by someone else remotely? I'm the owner and the administrator of the computer  but i dont seem to find ways to get access to it. 

Pls kindly advice.

Thank you.

Saturday, December 8, 2012 8:24 PM

Answers

• You could view the exact windows version & bits simply by right clicking computer & choose properties, next the basic information of your computer would be display as follow:

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Monday, December 24, 2012 8:22 AM
    Sunday, December 9, 2012 4:49 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

To check the Windows Edition, please try the following:

Open System by clicking the Start button, right-clicking Computer, and then clicking Properties.

The edition of Windows 7 you're running is displayed under Windows edition near the top of the window.

More information, you can refer to the following link:

Find which edition of Windows 7 you are using

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Find-which-edition-of-Windows-7-you-are-using

Hope this helps.

Vincent Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 10, 2012 6:34 AM

All replies

• You could view the exact windows version & bits simply by right clicking computer & choose properties, next the basic information of your computer would be display as follow:

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Sunday, December 9, 2012 4:49 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

To check the Windows Edition, please try the following:

Open System by clicking the Start button, right-clicking Computer, and then clicking Properties.

The edition of Windows 7 you're running is displayed under Windows edition near the top of the window.

More information, you can refer to the following link:

Find which edition of Windows 7 you are using

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Find-which-edition-of-Windows-7-you-are-using

Hope this helps.

Vincent Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 10, 2012 6:34 AM