Message from postmaster@mydomain.com RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

I have Exchange 2013 installed in my company with Edge trasport server 2013.

Could you help me to clarify an issue with receiving messages from postmaster@mydomain.com. One of my collegues from IT dept receives such e-mails occassionally:

Date: 19 January 2016 г., 19:58:24 GMT+5
    To: it@mydomain.com
    Subject: Undeliverable message

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software. Your email message was not delivered to the intended recipients because malware was detected.

--- Additional Information ---

Subject: SPAM: Dear [user@mydomain.com]Here is an Important Notification on Your Card.
    Sender: customer.us.servs01@nts-online.net

Time received: 1/19/2016 2:58:24 PM
    Message ID: <201601191500.u0JF028r021613@radserv.lasvegas.net>
    Detections found:
    Card Membership Upgrade 2016.htm         HTML/Phish.GW

I have checked the log files and found that there were attempts to send an e-mail to user@mydomain.com from customer.us.servs01@nts-online.net but according to the message above it was deleted before it reached to recepient.

If it's a system report, could you tell me why only my collegue recieves this report message? if there are settings adjustable for the reports how can I configure it?

Thank you in advance.

• Edited by Santarem01 Wednesday, January 20, 2016 5:28 AM
    Wednesday, January 20, 2016 5:27 AM

Answers

• The NDR for external users will be sent in postmaster@domain.com format from our domain if we have only mailbox and cas servers. It will use edge server to send out these external ndr’s if we have edge configured and the value will be postmaster@edgeserverfqdn.

Get-OrganizationConfig | FL MicrosoftExchangeRecipientPrimarySmtpAddress

Get-TransportService | FL Identity, ExternalPostMasterAddress

So if you need to change this value run the below command

Set-TransportConfig -ExternalPostMasterAddress postmaster@contoso.com

First we need to change the value by running the below command

MicrosoftExchangeRecipientEmailAddressPolicyEnabled $False

And then we need to set an appropriate email address from which it can send out NDR’s to the internal users.

Set-TransportConfig MicrosoftExchangeRecipientPrimarySmtpAddress localit@domain.com

I have written a blog about the same. You can refer below

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/30334.modifying-system-generated-mailbox-in-exchange-2013.aspx

Remember to mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question.That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you Check out my latest blog posts on http://exchangequery.com Thanks Sathish (MVP)

• Marked as answer by Lynn-Li Monday, February 15, 2016 1:58 AM
    Wednesday, January 20, 2016 7:47 AM
  • Hi,

According to error: "This message was created automatically by mail delivery software. Your email message was not delivered to the intended recipients because malware was detected"

This could be caused by anti-malware policy, Check this in EAC > Protection > Malware filter or use Get-MalwareFilterPolicy cmdlet. For more information, see the following document.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj150576%28v=exchg.150%29.aspx

Best Regards.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Lynn-Li
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, January 21, 2016 2:37 AM

All replies

• The NDR for external users will be sent in postmaster@domain.com format from our domain if we have only mailbox and cas servers. It will use edge server to send out these external ndr’s if we have edge configured and the value will be postmaster@edgeserverfqdn.

Get-OrganizationConfig | FL MicrosoftExchangeRecipientPrimarySmtpAddress

Get-TransportService | FL Identity, ExternalPostMasterAddress

So if you need to change this value run the below command

Set-TransportConfig -ExternalPostMasterAddress postmaster@contoso.com

First we need to change the value by running the below command

MicrosoftExchangeRecipientEmailAddressPolicyEnabled $False

And then we need to set an appropriate email address from which it can send out NDR’s to the internal users.

Set-TransportConfig MicrosoftExchangeRecipientPrimarySmtpAddress localit@domain.com

I have written a blog about the same. You can refer below

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/30334.modifying-system-generated-mailbox-in-exchange-2013.aspx

Remember to mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question.That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you Check out my latest blog posts on http://exchangequery.com Thanks Sathish (MVP)

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 7:47 AM
  • Hi,

According to error: "This message was created automatically by mail delivery software. Your email message was not delivered to the intended recipients because malware was detected"

This could be caused by anti-malware policy, Check this in EAC > Protection > Malware filter or use Get-MalwareFilterPolicy cmdlet. For more information, see the following document.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj150576%28v=exchg.150%29.aspx

Best Regards.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Lynn-Li
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, January 21, 2016 2:37 AM