How to remove a User Deleted SID RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

i had to create another administrador account in order to fix some issues however when i deleted the account the SID remained and everytime my Windows boots it creates new firewall rules for that account apps...i tried this program : subinacl

however i couldnt delete with that it first said that my server service and workstation service was not enabled then i reenabled it however it still complainted about the RPC server was unavailable..what should i do in order to get rid of that SID?

thanks in advance,

C# user

Friday, November 15, 2013 9:20 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Based on my search, the SID  is related to Registry.

If you want to delete the SID completely, you need to check the location below.

The Registry path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\

And expand Profilelist, you can see many S-1-5-.. files.

Also, you can find the SID for the user.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Kelvin hsu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by MrDebugging Tuesday, November 19, 2013 1:45 PM
    Monday, November 18, 2013 9:07 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The Registry path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Kelvin hsu

• Marked as answer by MrDebugging Tuesday, November 19, 2013 1:45 PM
    Monday, November 18, 2013 9:07 AM
  • Hi Kelvin_hsu thanks for replying,

Ok so i will try that out and see it if Works then i will mark it as answered..thanks again i really appreciate it!

Kind regards,

C# user

Monday, November 18, 2013 8:30 PM
  • Hi,

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Kelvin hsu

Hi Kelvin hsu it worked so far and no more firewall rules are created for that profile apps however when i mess with the files permissions ,more specifically on my desktop apps i still can see the profile SID when i enable inheritance, any clue on how to completely remove that?

thanks

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 1:47 PM