TechNet Windows Vista RRS feed

• Question

• Are the Windows that we get on Tech Net different from the retail version ones?

I downloaded a Windows Vista 64 Bit and when i installed it, i couldn't do anything.
    Monday, July 20, 2009 4:17 AM

Answers

• Hi Ricardo,

The current Windows issue is abnormal. I understand that you want to format the pc and reinstall Windows Vista. Please keep me on update.

Regarding the Windows in Audit Mode, I would like to share the following information with you:

Audit Mode. Audit mode is used by OEMs and corporations to add customizations to their Windows images. Audit mode does not require settings in Windows Welcome to be applied. By bypassing Windows Welcome, you can get to the desktop quicker and perform your customizations. You can add additional device drivers, install applications, and test the validity of the installation. OEMs and corps should use audit mode to complete their manual customizations before shipping the computer to an end user.

For more information, please refer to the following link:

Customize Windows in Audit Mode

Hope it helps.

Thanks.
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 3:50 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The difference is EULA. You can check it by clicking here.

BTW, could you please explian "I downloaded a Windows Vista 64 Bit and when i installed it, i couldn't do anything."?

Thanks.
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 7:12 AM
  • i mean, that i couldn't do simple things such as access internet, install software, play any games.

Every time that i tried to install something it refused and an error appeared xD

Anyways, i think im gonna try again and see what happens, because actually i wasn't the one that formatted the pc, it was my brother and i can't really tell you what happened, i'll try it by myself and give an update soon if it happens again :)

He also mentioned something about Windows in Audit Mode, any ideas? :)
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 4:54 PM
  • Hi Ricardo,

The current Windows issue is abnormal. I understand that you want to format the pc and reinstall Windows Vista. Please keep me on update.

Regarding the Windows in Audit Mode, I would like to share the following information with you:

Audit Mode. Audit mode is used by OEMs and corporations to add customizations to their Windows images. Audit mode does not require settings in Windows Welcome to be applied. By bypassing Windows Welcome, you can get to the desktop quicker and perform your customizations. You can add additional device drivers, install applications, and test the validity of the installation. OEMs and corps should use audit mode to complete their manual customizations before shipping the computer to an end user.

For more information, please refer to the following link:

Customize Windows in Audit Mode

Hope it helps.

Thanks.
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 3:50 AM
  • Hi Ricardo,

I'm wondering if the information helps or if you have any further questions. Please feel free to respond to the newsgroups if you need additional help.

Thanks.

Friday, July 24, 2009 1:57 AM