ProClarity 6.3 SP2 - Show Inactive Users problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm running into an issue with ProClarity 6.3 SP2. When I bring up the admin tool, I'd like to see the inactive users. However, when I right click on users and select "Show Inactive Users" I get the following error:

OleError(-2147024891): An OLE Exception occured: 80070005

After this error, the active list of users is still displayed.

I've tried comparing the settings found within dcomcnfg against a known working server (since the OLE exception seems to indicate a communication or permission issue) but the settings were all the same.

Does anyone have a thought on what I should look at next?

Thanks!

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 7:17 PM

All replies

• Hello WibblyWobbly,

Great username, btw.  This is a known issue where we fixed it in a pre-SP2 build, then regressed and it returned.  I'm not positive which exact build it returned but it looks like SP2 has the issue.  There is a fix for this being released in about a week with a cumulative update.  However, due to the complexity of the issue and the fix, we may or may not have fixed all instances where this could occur.  It would be great if you could try out the upcoming CU build and see if it fixes your issue.  If it does not, I'd love to know so we could try to repro and circle back with our product group to perform any more fixes.

Thanks,

-Joey

Thursday, September 23, 2010 9:55 PM
  • Thanks for the response Joey. Are you saying there will be a SP4 coming out?

I'm certainly up for installing SP3 or something newer, but in the future. Right now this server is meant to be identical to our production server (for testing upgrades for example). The production server is only running SP2 and it doesn't have this OLE error at all.

Thanks again,

Mr Wobbly :)

Friday, September 24, 2010 3:28 PM
  • Hi Joey,

Do you have an updated ETA for that CU?

Thanks

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 4:14 PM