Desktop Icons move after logging off and then back on in Win7 Ultimate 64 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a multiple monitor setup consisting of 4 flat screens. All applications remember where they launch and correct sizing, etc.  The only thing that seems irregular is that my desktop Icons constantly shift from my primary Monitor to the #3 monitor as though I have selectede auto-arrange and the #3 monitor was chosen as the default primary, which it is not.  The task bar and everything else stays as they should. I have selected; 'Medium' & 'Show Desktop Icon' from the display view menu, all else is left off.

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit edition RTM.
    Monday, December 7, 2009 5:53 PM

Answers

• Hi Bob,

Since you have multiple monitor, the reliability of graphic driver should be under consideration. Will the driver powerful enough to maintain the multiple screen? Better check the manu of the graphice card and instruction of the driver for detailed information. Please post the model of your graphic card here.

In addition, you can stop "auto arrange icons" functions:

right click on desktop->view->clicking on align to grid, uncheck auto arrange icons to check the result
    • Edited by Arthur Xie Monday, December 14, 2009 9:34 AM
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Tuesday, December 15, 2009 9:30 AM
    Tuesday, December 8, 2009 10:09 AM