SQL 2012 Management Pack 6.5.1.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am trying to install the Management Pack for SQL 6.5.4.0 but it is complaining that it needs SQL Server 2012 Managament Pack 6.5.1.0. Where could I found this previous version?

Thanks,

Dom

System Center Operations Manager 2007 / System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2 / Forefront Client Security / Forefront Identity Manager

Wednesday, March 25, 2015 9:55 PM

Answers

• Hi,

It seems like that you have created overrides in the default management pack for monitors or rules in the MP you want to remove, would you please remove dependencies first and then try to remove it again:

Removing SCOM Management Pack Dependencies

http://blogs.technet.com/b/meamcs/archive/2011/08/21/removing-scom-management-pack-dependencies.aspx

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Yan Li_ Monday, April 13, 2015 7:04 AM
    • Marked as answer by Yan Li_ Tuesday, April 14, 2015 8:54 AM
    Wednesday, April 8, 2015 5:18 AM

All replies

• Hi are you downloading it from the console online catalog? Try using the package available here:  https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=10631

Do you currently have a version of SQL MP installed? 

Cheers,

Martin

Blog: http://sustaslog.wordpress.com  LinkedIn:   

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Wednesday, March 25, 2015 10:03 PM
  • Hi,

Current version installed SQL Server MP 6.4.1.0

SCOM 2007 R7 CU7

Yes I am downloading SQL Server MP 6.5.4.0 from the Microsoft site (https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=10631 (same link as you provide)  them import from disk in the SCOM Console...

This management pack cannot be imported.

: XSD verification failed for management pack. [Line: 1, The 'SchemaVersion' attribute is not declared.

them in the installation I got:

the rest of the 6.5.4.0 MP has been installed for 2008 without issue.

Thanks,

Dom

System Center Operations Manager 2007 / System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2 / Forefront Client Security / Forefront Identity Manager

• Edited by Felyjos Wednesday, March 25, 2015 10:29 PM
    Wednesday, March 25, 2015 10:11 PM
  • Have a look at the Operations Manager logs for any errors that might give you any hints, also you might want to check the Operations Manager DB free space and log space. You might have to manually grow the DB file size and log file size and then try importing the SQL MP. Also might be worth giving SCOM a restart.

Cheers,

Martin

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Wednesday, March 25, 2015 10:33 PM
  • Make sure that the following MP has version 6.5.4 before you import the SQL 2012 MP
    •  Microsoft SQL Server Core Library
    •  Microsoft SQL Generic Dashboards
    •  Microsoft SQL Generic Presentation
    •  Microsoft SQL Visualization Presentation
    Roger
    Thursday, March 26, 2015 7:11 AM
  • Make sure that the following MP has version 6.5.4 before you import the SQL 2012 MP
    •  Microsoft SQL Server Core Library
    •  Microsoft SQL Generic Presentation
    Roger

Hello,

I have 2 of them with version 6.5.4.0 but the two others are missing!!! when did they start existing? 

Thanks,
    Dom

Thursday, March 26, 2015 1:11 PM
  • Have a look at the Operations Manager logs for any errors that might give you any hints, also you might want to check the Operations Manager DB free space and log space. You might have to manually grow the DB file size and log file size and then try importing the SQL MP. Also might be worth giving SCOM a restart.

Cheers,

Martin

Hello,

Operations Manager DB:
    - Data & Log do not have any size problem.

Checking the logs and doing a restart now...

Thanks,

Dom

Thursday, March 26, 2015 1:16 PM
  • Hello,

Operations Manager DB and Operations Root Management Server rebooted.

Event Log Operations Manager (nothing in Application and System)

Log Name:      Operations Manager
    Source:        OpsMgr Connector
    Date:          3/26/2015 10:20:44 AM
    Event ID:      20050
    Task Category: None
    Level:         Error
    Keywords:      Classic
    User:          N/A
    Computer:      OPMGRRMS1.ad
    Description:
    The specified certificate could not be loaded because the Enhanced Key Usage specified does not meet OpsMgr requirements.   The certificate must have the following usage types:

Server Authentication (1.3.6.1.5.5.7.3.1)
     Client Authentication (1.3.6.1.5.5.7.3.2)

Source:        Health Service Modules
    Date:          3/26/2015 10:20:02 AM
    Event ID:      10503
    Level:         Warning
    Description:
    The HTTP URL Monitoring Module detected that a backlog of processing has happened. It might be an indication of too many URL monitors configured for a this watcher node. 

One or more workflows were affected by this.  

Workflow name: many 
    Instance name: many 
    Instance ID: many 
    Management group: SCOM-MED

Source:        OpsMgr Config Service
    Date:          3/26/2015 10:19:58 AM
    Event ID:      29106
    Level:         Warning
    Description:
    The request to synchronize state for OpsMgr Health Service identified by "d4173fd7-99a1-17fe-5590-17931df735c5" failed due to the following exception "Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.DataAccessLayerException: Invalid column name WWN_D44D863A_1A0E_3A74_5691_59D8EF974AF3 for query MTV_SelectProperty_d44d863a-1a0e-3a74-5691-59d8ef974af3.
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Mom.DataAccess.QueryDefinition.GetColumnDefinitionBySourceColumnName(String sourceColumnName, Int32 resultSetIndex)
       at Microsoft.Mom.ConfigService.OpsMgrDataAccess.ConfigurationDataAccessor.QueryInstanceProperties(ReadOnlyCollection`1 instances)
       at Microsoft.Mom.ConfigService.DataAccess.DatabaseAccessor.QueryInstanceProperties(ReadOnlyCollection`1 instances)
       at Microsoft.Mom.ConfigService.Engine.ConfigurationEngine.CommunicationHelper.StateSyncRequestTask.ConfigurationItems.Instances.CollectPublicProperties(ReadOnlyCollection`1 identities, IConfigurationDataAccessor dataAccessor)
       at Microsoft.Mom.ConfigService.Engine.ConfigurationEngine.CommunicationHelper.StateSyncRequestTask.ConfigurationItems.ConfigurationItemCollection`2.CollectPublicProperties(IConfigurationDataAccessor dataAccessor)
       at Microsoft.Mom.ConfigService.Engine.ConfigurationEngine.CommunicationHelper.StateSyncRequestTask.ConfigurationItems..ctor(StateContext stateContext, IConfigurationDataAccessor dataAccessor)
       at Microsoft.Mom.ConfigService.Engine.ConfigurationEngine.CommunicationHelper.StateSyncRequestTask.CreateResponse(Managers managers)
       at Microsoft.Mom.ConfigService.Engine.ConfigurationEngine.Managers.Synchronize(OnDoSynchronizedWork onDoSynchronizedWork)
       at Microsoft.Mom.ConfigService.Engine.ConfigurationEngine.CommunicationHelper.StateSyncRequestTask.Execute(Managers managers)
       at Microsoft.Mom.ConfigService.Engine.ConfigurationEngine.CommunicationHelper.StateSyncRequestTask.Run(Guid source, String cookie, Managers managers, IConfigurationDataAccessor dataAccessor, Stream stream, IConnection connection)".

these events are repetitive...

Any idea?

Thanks,
    Dom

• Edited by Felyjos Thursday, March 26, 2015 5:25 PM
    Thursday, March 26, 2015 2:12 PM
  • Have you loaded the 2 missing Management Packs as suggested by Roger?

Cheers,

Martin

Thursday, March 26, 2015 9:53 PM
  • Sorry for my typing mistake
    your missing MP should be
    •   Microsoft SQL Generic Dashboards
    •  Microsoft SQL Visualization Library
    You can import this MP from your extracted SQL MP which is stored on c:\program File(X86)\System Center Management Packs\system Center Monitoring Pack for SQL server\6.5.4.0

Roger

Friday, March 27, 2015 3:59 AM
  • Hello,

I am getting the error:

for the "Microsoft SQL Generic Dashboards"

This management pack cannot be imported.

: XSD verification failed for management pack. [Line: 1, Position: 17]
    The 'SchemaVersion' attribute is not declared.

Is it because of SCCM 2007 R2? Is it because 6.5.1 is missing?

The second "Microsoft SQL Visualization Library" is a mbp extension so it is even not seen in SCOM 2007 R2.

What did I do wrong?

Thanks,

Dom

• Edited by Felyjos Tuesday, March 31, 2015 3:07 AM
    Friday, March 27, 2015 8:16 PM
  • ?bump?

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 2:34 AM
  • Sorry for my typing mistake
    your missing MP should be
    •   Microsoft SQL Generic Dashboards
    •  Microsoft SQL Visualization Library
    You can import this MP from your extracted SQL MP which is stored on c:\program File(X86)\System Center Management Packs\system Center Monitoring Pack for SQL server\6.5.4.0

Roger

Hello,

Apparently this two MPs do not work in SCOM 2007 R2 I am trying to import the, in the Authoring Console to change eventually the dependencies but same error

: XSD verification failed for management pack. [Line: 1, Position: 17]

or

not seem for the mpb

Thanks

Dom

The 'SchemaVersion' attribute is not declared.

• Edited by Felyjos Tuesday, March 31, 2015 3:11 AM
    Tuesday, March 31, 2015 2:59 AM
  • ?bump?

Wednesday, April 1, 2015 8:13 PM
  • Hi,

Did you try to install from a different management server?

Natalya

### If my post helped you, please take a moment to Vote as Helpful and\or Mark as an Answer

Thursday, April 2, 2015 12:08 AM
  • Hello Natalya,

Using the same source of mps I imported from another MS and the same errors happened...

How far in the process do you think I need to go? redownload the package? relaunch the msi?

I copied the msi locally on the new MS, run the msi, import the MPs from the local drive... same errors...

Thanks,
    Dom

• Edited by Felyjos Friday, April 3, 2015 12:26 AM
    Friday, April 3, 2015 12:22 AM
  • Hi Felyjos, This management pack is FULLY supported for both SCOM 2007 R2 and SCOM 2012 xx.

That's an interesting error you have encountered. Note that the Microsoft.SQLServer.Library.mp AND Microsoft.SQLServer.2012.Discovery.mp are dependencies for some of the other mps. 

These management packs in turn, have dependencies on several other management packs with "specific" version numbers. See screenshots below for instance. The fact that you are upgrading your SQL MP from 6.4.1.0 to 6.5.4.0 leads me to imagine that you are also missing the specific versions of the management packs that the SQL 6.5.4.0 depends on. Yes I know, this can get very confusing very fast :) I have attached some screenshots of the management packs' dependencies

below that will hopefully point you in the right direction.

______________________________________________________________________________

If you've found this post helpful,  please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question, please click "Mark As Answer" MrChiyo | My blog: Technical | Twitter: MrChiyo

• Edited by MrChiyo Friday, April 3, 2015 3:54 AM
    Friday, April 3, 2015 3:52 AM
  • Hi Dom,

I would try a couple things here...

- import SQL 2012 MPs one by one, not all together, starting with Discovery and after Monitoring...

- remove SQL 2012 6.4.1.0 MPs and import 6.5.4.0 MPs

Natalya

### If my post helped you, please take a moment to Vote as Helpful and\or Mark as an Answer

Friday, April 3, 2015 3:58 AM
  • Hi Felyjos, This management pack is FULLY supported for both SCOM 2007 R2 and SCOM 2012 xx.

That's an interesting error you have encountered. Note that the Microsoft.SQLServer.Library.mp AND Microsoft.SQLServer.2012.Discovery.mp are dependencies for some of the other mps. 

These management packs in turn, have dependencies on several other management packs with "specific" version numbers. See screenshots below for instance. The fact that you are upgrading your SQL MP from 6.4.1.0 to 6.5.4.0 leads me to imagine that you are also missing the specific versions of the management packs that the SQL 6.5.4.0 depends on. Yes I know, this can get very confusing very fast :) I have attached some screenshots of the management packs' dependencies

below that will hopefully point you in the right direction.

______________________________________________________________________________

If you've found this post helpful,  please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question, please click "Mark As Answer" MrChiyo | My blog: Technical | Twitter: MrChiyo

Hello,

So far so good:

Microsoft.SQLServer.2012.Discovery 			6.5.4.0 		is one of the mp failing so it is no up-to-date.
    Microsoft.SQLServer.Library 				6.5.4.0 		up-to-date...
    Microsoft.SystemCenter.DataWarehouse.Library 		6.1.7221.0 	up-to-date
    Microsoft.SystemCenter.DataWarehouse.Reports.Library 	6.1.7221.110 	seems to be more recent than the minimum?
    Microsoft.SystemCenter. Library			6.1.7221.81	seems to be more recent than the minimum?
    Microsoft.Windows.Library				6.1.7221.0		up-to-date
    System.health.Library				6.1.7221.0		up-to-date
    System.Library					6.1.7221.0		up-to-date
    System.Performance.Library				6.1.7221.0		up-to-date

Checking the 2nd screen

Microsoft.SQLServer.2012.Discovery 			6.5.4.0 		is one of the mp failing so it is no up-to-date.
    Microsoft.SQLServer.Library 				6.5.4.0 		up-to-date...
    Microsoft.SQLServer.Visualisation.library
    Microsoft.SystemCenter.Visualization.Configuration.library
    Microsoft.SystemCenter.Visualization.library
    System.Library					6.1.7221.0		up-to-date

the 3 MPs

Microsoft.SQLServer.Visualisation.library
    Microsoft.SystemCenter.Visualization.Configuration.library
    Microsoft.SystemCenter.Visualization.library

seems to be packed in the MPB file which is not available for import in SCOM 2007 R2 CU7

Thanks,

Dom

• Edited by Felyjos Friday, April 3, 2015 6:54 PM
    Friday, April 3, 2015 6:16 PM
  • Hi Dom,

I would try a couple things here...

- import SQL 2012 MPs one by one, not all together, starting with Discovery and after Monitoring...

- remove SQL 2012 6.4.1.0 MPs and import 6.5.4.0 MPs

Natalya

let me try this...

When you say remove SQL 2012 6.4.1.0 MPs... it is delete isn't it?

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh230746.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Thanks,

Dom

• Edited by Felyjos Friday, April 3, 2015 7:12 PM
    Friday, April 3, 2015 6:55 PM
  • Hello,

One problem for the removal there are dependencies with the default Management Pack and SQL 2008!!!

What to do with these dependencies?

Thanks,

Dom

Friday, April 3, 2015 7:37 PM
  • Hi,

It seems like that you have created overrides in the default management pack for monitors or rules in the MP you want to remove, would you please remove dependencies first and then try to remove it again:

Removing SCOM Management Pack Dependencies

http://blogs.technet.com/b/meamcs/archive/2011/08/21/removing-scom-management-pack-dependencies.aspx

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Yan Li_ Monday, April 13, 2015 7:04 AM
    • Marked as answer by Yan Li_ Tuesday, April 14, 2015 8:54 AM
    Wednesday, April 8, 2015 5:18 AM