Additonal VGA monitor showing in Display properties. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a problem, I am currently running Window 7 Pro 64 and when i restarted my laptop it now has an additional monitor showing in the display properties.  I do not have an external VGA monitor connected to it, and I have tried to remove the display adapters in hopes of remove the additional mystery monitor, but after removal of the display adapter drivers and a reboot the extra monitor comes back.  Can anyone help?
    Wednesday, July 23, 2014 1:45 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, the hardware driver is also related to the BIOS of your computer, to confirm this, try to start the computer in safe mode in the way below:

Safe mode starts Windows with a limited set of files and drivers

Remove all floppy disks, CDs, and DVDs from your computer, and then restart your computer.

Click the Start button Picture of Start button, click the arrow next to the Shut Down button Picture of Shut Down button, and then click Restart.

Do one of the following:

Restart your computer, press and hold the F8 key. You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears.

On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight the safe mode option you want, and then press Enter.

Log on to your computer with a user account that has administrator rights.

You can refer to this for more details: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/start-computer-safe-mode#start-computer-safe-mode=windows-7

If this works for you, the BIOS should be upgraded, go to the official site to upgrade the BIOS  accordingly.

Regards

Wade Liu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Michael_LS Monday, August 11, 2014 2:49 AM
    Friday, July 25, 2014 12:38 PM