ProClarity Event Id RRS feed

• Question

• I'm looking for a list of the event Id numbers and their descriptions for ProClarity.  Does anyone know if something like this exists?

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 9:28 PM

Answers

•  

MFC,

I don't believe this list exists - although I'm still poking around our docs and need to open our SDK docs.  Event IDs for ProClarity events aren't something I usually notice.  I'm usually looking at the deeper text of the event.  I'll let you know if I find out anything about IDs and feel free to post event data or send me logs and I'll try to interpret them for you.

-Joey

Joey.Pruett@microsoft.com

Wednesday, January 9, 2008 5:10 PM

All replies

•  

MFC,

I don't believe this list exists - although I'm still poking around our docs and need to open our SDK docs.  Event IDs for ProClarity events aren't something I usually notice.  I'm usually looking at the deeper text of the event.  I'll let you know if I find out anything about IDs and feel free to post event data or send me logs and I'll try to interpret them for you.

-Joey

Joey.Pruett@microsoft.com

Wednesday, January 9, 2008 5:10 PM
  • Joey,

Thank you for the offer, but the main reason I was looking for this information was so we could use our monitoring tools to page on certain ProClarity events and for reporting.  We were hoping we could use the event ID as a demension in reporting.  

If nothing exists that documents what the event id are, we will find a different way.

Thanks for your help.  

Wednesday, January 9, 2008 10:38 PM
  •  

MFC,

We've got a sample DTS package that parses the ProClarity log and puts it into dimensional format.  You could match the ID with the description and pull those columns into your reporting DB.  Let me know if you need a copy.

-Joey

Wednesday, January 9, 2008 11:04 PM