Office 2016 Pro+ Defaults to Delete Attachment - Why and how do I stop it. RRS feed

• Question

• When reading a received email that has an attachment the ribbon bar Delete X defaults to deleting the attachment. I just want to delete the email including the attachment. As it is now I click the X, the attachment is gone then I have to click the X again and THEN the email is in deleted items. I can see that MS might want to help us be conservative with space but me, I don't care. I want ease. I want to hit the X once and the entire message be gone. If I want to be conservative I'll delete deleted messages upon exit or whatever. It's like gas. Thanks for all who drive an electric.  You keep the inventories up and prices down so I can have a ball driving my real cars.  When I want to conserve, I'll buy an electric.  Don't force me there.  Same here.  Give me options.

Version 1705 (Build 8201.2200)

Monday, November 6, 2017 4:35 PM

All replies

• Hi MarkAtCATIC,

By "the ribbon bar Delete X", do you mean the button below under Message?

I tried to test in my Outlook 2016 (Version 1705. build 8201.2207) by clicking the button (Or pree Ctrl + D), both the attachment and the message got deleted as expected. 

As far as I know, the attachment will be deleted separately if you select the attachment and then click the Remove Attachment button as follows :

Please feel free to let me know if I have misunderstood anything.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 7, 2017 8:26 AM