windows 7 explorer problem RRS feed

• Question

• windows 7 explorer is different compared to xp.i have lot of pictures in a folder. i sorted that folder into date modified but whenever i open that folder it's sorted as name initially and green bar in running in address bar ,i am getting pictures sorted as date only after 2 minutes. why this problem.if i move some 5 to 10 pictures in that folder also it takes time.why so?in windows xp it's working fine.why there is green bar in windows 7? my config intel dual core 1.8 ghz, 2 gb ram,windows 7 ultimate,160 gb ram,asus p5 gc mx motherboard.
    Wednesday, June 16, 2010 11:45 AM

Answers

• How does it work in Safe Mode? If it works properly, the issue should be caused by some incompatible Windows Explorer plug-ins. I suggest you use ShellExView to disable these plug-ins.  

Important Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Run ShellExView, in the pane sort the entries with manufacturers. Disable all non-Microsoft *.dll files, and check the result. If the issue does not occur, one of the files can be the culprit. We could narrow down it one by one.

Regarding the last question, we could simply click the folder you would like to locate in the address bar.

Arthur Xie - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, July 2, 2010 10:07 AM
    Friday, June 18, 2010 7:38 AM