none
Windows Update error 0x80070643 on KB2267602 (1.213.7261.0) Definition Update for Windows Defender

Question

• I am unable to install this update. I am unable to change the regedit values for the the following items: Change value of 'DisableAntiSpyware' and 'DisableAntiVirus' from '0' to '1'. I do not have any other antivirus or antispyware software on my laptop. I am running Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15063. Any ideas on how to fix this issue? Thank you.

Sunday, April 2, 2017 3:15 PM

All replies

• Are you able to install updates for Windows?

Do you have any other Antivirus software installed?

Try restart your PC and install all updates.

Sunday, April 2, 2017 4:02 PM
  • Hi, 

Please know that this error code means that there are some system files corrupted. 

Firstly, we can try to run Windows Update troubleshooter under Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting\All Categories

Let's try steps below to check this issue: 

1. Restart Security Center Service after open services.msc. 

2. Run commands below as admin to scan system files:

SFC  /SCANNOW

3. Start your system into clean boot mode and try run the update again:

How to perform a clean boot in Windows
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/kb/929135

If this issue still persists, please upload windowsupdate.log and cbs.log (under \Windows\Logs\CBS) onto OneDrive and share the link here for our research. 

To get Windowsupdate.log, please open a PowerShell windows as admin, type Get-WindowsUpdateLog and hit Enter. It will appear on your desktop. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 4, 2017 7:07 AM
  • Hi, 

Did your issue resolve by trying the suggestions above? 

If we still have same issue, please post back cbs.log onto OneDrive and share the link here for our research. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 28, 2017 7:48 AM