Windows 10 Iot enterprise ltsb 4gb memory allocation for 32 bit os RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Team,
    POS 615 with windows 10 enterprise 2016 LTSB 32bit OS with 4 GB RAM. Currently customer application it`s supports only 32 bit operating system and they were looking for support increase the usable RAM is more than 2.18 GB (default). Pleases advice any methods to increase the usable RAM in 32 bit OS and is there any difference between windows 10 Pro and windows embedded version OS usable RAM supports.
    Thank you! 

jack

Monday, October 15, 2018 1:10 PM

All replies

• Hello

32bit limits addressable ram to 4gb max. Its not the motherbd or the cpu but the OS that is the limiting factor

also check this as well
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/minimum/minimum-hardware-requirements-overview

Regards, Regin Ravi

Monday, October 15, 2018 1:19 PM
  • Dear ReginRavi

Thanks for quick reply,

But I want use max 3 gb above is it not possible with 32 bit os?

could I use 3gb I have 4 gb ram but its showing only usable 2.18

jack

Monday, October 15, 2018 2:46 PM
  • Hi,

You have the option to use any ram above 4gb as something else such as a ram drive though.

Plus your key is valid for the 32bit or 64bit install if you don’t mind reinstalling everything as there is no other migration path for going from 32bit to 64bit.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Tony_Tao Wednesday, October 31, 2018 6:40 AM
    Tuesday, October 16, 2018 3:22 AM