Wrong Error Message - Do you want to send the email with no subject? RRS feed

• Question

• Error occurs even if there is text in the subject field. If you decide to send anyway, Outlook will delete the subject and send. I have found a workaround. I save the messaage as a draft. Completly shut down Outlook, then restart. Open the draft and send the message.

I am not using a any custom forms our any templates. Office is 365 ProPlus Version 1708. One add in, Citrix.

Thanks in advance for any help!  

~Jeff

Monday, February 11, 2019 8:46 PM

All replies

• Hi Jeff,

May I know whether you click the New Email button to start a new email or create new emails via some templates?

We may first try starting Outlook in safe mode and see whether this issue continues. To do this, press Win key and R to open the Run command, type outlook /safe and hit Enter.

Besides, in case it was related with the corrupted form cache, we can go to File > Options > Advanced > Custom Forms > Manage Forms > Clear Cache. Restart Outlook to check the results.

If issue continues, we can create a new profile to see if this issue was related with personal settings. Please refer to the steps in this official article.

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Wednesday, February 13, 2019 5:03 AM
    Tuesday, February 12, 2019 4:16 AM
  • Hi Jeff,

Have you tried the steps above? Does it work?

If the information is helpful, please mark it as answer. If you have more questions, you can feel free to tell us.

Have a nice day!

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, February 14, 2019 5:39 AM
  • Hi Jeff,

How is everything going on with this issue? Can you send email normally?

Regards,

Perry

Tuesday, February 19, 2019 6:05 AM