none
Remove multiple printers keeping a couple

Question

• Hi Forum

I require to remove around 20 printers left by an old removed GPP from a few hundred machines that had Item Level targeting.

Is there a simple way to do this through group policy, something like this?

1. Create top precedence GPP Printer share to delete all connections. (The connections are normally \\PrintServer\PrinterPath)
    2. Apply 2 new printers under the precedence, to reapply the new printers.

Is something like that possible to clean all my machines?

Thanks in advance

NN

(note I would prefer not to use a VBScript)

• Edited by Naked Nuts Monday, April 10, 2017 11:47 AM
    Monday, April 10, 2017 11:42 AM

All replies

• >  1. Create top precedence GPP Printer share to delete all connections. (The connections are normally \\PrintServer\PrinterPath <file://\\PrintServer\PrinterPath>)

Absolutely. Choose "Action: Delete" which enables you to delete ALL shared printer connections. I'd recommend to check "Apply only once" on the "General" tab :)
    Following Items then can re-add the current printers.

Monday, April 10, 2017 12:29 PM
  • Thanks Martin. I was hoping this was the correct way to go about this.
    Monday, April 10, 2017 12:58 PM
  • Hi,
    Alternatively, you could use a logon script to delete and add printers, here are some reference scripts as below, and you could take a look:
    https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/How-to-remove-all-network-d3979e18
    https://www.interworks.com/blog/smatlock/2014/03/31/using-logon-scripts-add-and-remove-network-printers
    Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.
    Best regards, 
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 8:43 AM