none
Content Library Explorer says "The legacy package does not have exactly one content."

Question

• Does anyone have any insight into troubleshooting the Content Library Explorer from the ConfigMgr 2012 R2 Toolkit?

When launching it, it prompts for the FQDN of the distribution point.  After hitting the OK button, it displays a dialog box that says "The legacy package does not have exactly one content."

Content validation is on for the distribution point, and the monitoring node show that all the content that is supposed to be there is happy and healthy.

Thanks for the help,

Nash

Nash Pherson, Senior Systems Consultant
    Now Micro - My Blog Posts
    If you've found a bug or want the product worked differently, share your feedback.
    <-- If this post was helpful, please click "Vote as Helpful".

Tuesday, December 31, 2013 3:49 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Are you using SCCM 2012 R2?

Currently, I am out of office, I wiil try this tool and let you know the result once I am back to office.

Juke Chou

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, January 02, 2014 5:43 PM
  • Yes, the customer is on ConfigMgr 2012 R2 + KB2905002.

I'm not seeing any event log entry and don't see any log files for the Content Library Explorer.  Is there something I should be finding or is there no logging?

Thanks for the help, Juke.

Nash

If you've found a bug or want the product worked differently, share your feedback.

Thursday, January 02, 2014 5:47 PM
  • Thursday, January 02, 2014 7:08 PM
  • Nash,

I have tried every combination I can think of to get the same error message and no luck so far. I am also running CM 12 R2 + KB2905002. Torsten forced me to read into your question post further, sorry Im not much help.

Thursday, January 02, 2014 9:49 PM
  • Thanks for the post.  Hopefully Juke can get back to us with troubleshooting info.

Thursday, January 02, 2014 10:12 PM
  • Hi,

I am back.

I also encountered an error when tried to browse a DP which was also a SCCM Primary server. But when I tried to browse a DP which was on a secondary site, it worked. Another dialog popped up asking for Primary site and site code information. So I suggest you try to view a separate DP and see if it works.

Juke Chou

TechNet Community Support

Friday, January 03, 2014 3:26 PM
  • No error browsing to a Primary DP for me..
    Friday, January 03, 2014 3:29 PM
  • This customer only has 1 site system hosting all their roles.  Trying it at other small customers with similar site system setups seems to work fine.

Friday, January 03, 2014 3:52 PM
  • I worked at a client once that had a stale record of an old site code in WMI and it was causing a CU patch to fail. Previous admin didnt decom the site correctly, what are the chances you have more then 1 site being seen in WMI.. Just a thought
    Friday, January 03, 2014 4:03 PM
  • Uhm... nope, looks good.

Friday, January 03, 2014 4:04 PM
  • Im fresh out of ideas, hopefully Juke has something since he sees the same issue..
    Friday, January 03, 2014 4:09 PM
  • I'm receiving the same error on a distribution point that is having content trouble. In all other cases, the CLE works fine connecting to secondary sites and distribution points, but this one troublesome DP is giving the same error as the OP. I'll might consider removing and re-adding the DP role at this point.
    Tuesday, February 04, 2014 2:46 PM
  • I'm seeing the same issues with R2.

I am running the tools from the Primary Site Server and can connect locally just fine as well as to a DP within the same site and VLAN. However, I am unable to connect to my secondary site servers which are also DPs in other sites. Any help would be great.

I am receiving the same error as the original poster.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 7:38 PM
  • In the same boat with R2 + KB2910552. I cannot look at my primary, but I can look at other DP's without issue.
    Friday, March 28, 2014 6:18 PM
  • Anyone with this problem in SCCM12r2 try it with CU1 installed?
    Friday, April 25, 2014 6:10 PM
  • I have installed SCCM 2012 R2 CU1 and I get the same error connecting to my primary server from the Content Library Explorer. Does anyone have a fix for this? I can connect to other DP's successfully.

• Edited by lmahar Tuesday, April 29, 2014 5:16 AM
    Tuesday, April 29, 2014 5:15 AM
  • I can use Content Library explorer in my R2 CU1 lab, so it's not a general problem.

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 7:23 AM
  • Hello

Our SCCM 2012 R2 CU1 System has the same error. Now I have debugged the ContentLibraryExplorer.exe and found out what cause the problem.

The program reads the SCCMContentLib$ and will find more than one source folder for a package and throws the error.

if (this.Data.IsLegacy)
                {
                    if (base.Nodes.Count != 1)
                    {
                        throw new InvalidOperationException(Resources.ErrorLegacyPackageNotOneContent);
                    }

I modified the exception to log the folders and I got 4 packages with more than one Content folder in

\\sccmserver\SCCMContentLib$\DataLib\

:T0000035.1

:T0000035.5

:T0000039.1

:T0000039.2

:T0000039.3

:T000003A.2

:T000003A.3

:T0000049.1

:T0000049.2

It looks like the old version is not deleted after we updated the package.

After I have run “Update the Distribution Points” for these packages the old version is deleted.  Now the Content Explorer runs without any problems.

I think I am not allowed to post my modified executable so you need to modify it by yourself or you need to go to your SCCMContentLib$\DataLib Folder and search the not deleted Versions with a script or manually and then update the packages over the sccm console.

Regards

Marc

Friday, May 02, 2014 6:31 AM
  • I have this problem can I get a copy of the program to help discover which classic package is bad?  rick.e.gates@medtronic.com

Rick Gates

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 8:30 PM
  • Any chance I can get a copy or tell me which debugger you used and how you did it? My email is lmahar@internode.on.net. Thanks.
    Thursday, May 29, 2014 3:40 AM
  • Also interested..

Will

Friday, July 25, 2014 7:41 PM
  • I would like to get the program also if possible. Thanks

Tuesday, August 05, 2014 2:23 PM
  • Would you be willing to share the program? Thanks! Andrew.julian@allina.com

AJ

Wednesday, November 05, 2014 6:02 PM
  • I have create PowerShell Script which will enumerate the packages with the above specified error.

You have to run it on the distribution point and set the variable on the first line correctly. Then you should get your result:

$PathToDataLib = "E:\SCCMContentLib\DataLib" # Path to DataLib

####################################
    # Get Legacy Package Folders
    $folders = Get-ChildItem -LiteralPath $PathToDataLib | Where-Object { $_.Name.Length -ge 9 -and $_.Name.Length -le 11} | Select-Object -Property @{Name="Name";Expression={$_.Name.SubString(0,8)}}
    $uniqueFolders = $folders | Select-Object -Property Name -Unique

# Display Statistics
    Write-Host "Count of Folders found: $($folders.Count)"
    Write-Host "Count of Unique Folders found: $($uniqueFolders.Count)"
    Function Get-Duplicate {
        param($array, [switch]$count)
        begin {
            $hash = @{}
        }
        process {
            $array | %{ $hash[$_] = $hash[$_] + 1 }
            if($count) {
                $hash.GetEnumerator() | ?{$_.value -gt 1} | %{
                    New-Object PSObject -Property @{
                        Value = $_.key
                        Count = $_.value
                    }
                }
            }
            else {
                $hash.GetEnumerator() | ?{$_.value -gt 1} | %{$_.key}
            }    
        }
    }

# Display Duplicated Packages
    Get-Duplicate ($folders | Select -ExpandProperty Name) -count

The result should look like:

I hope this script will help you.

Cheers,

Thomas Kurth
    Netree AG, System Engineer
    Blog: http://netecm.netree.ch/blog | Twitter: | LinkedIn: | Xing:
    Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Friday, December 05, 2014 9:55 AM
  • Thomas,

Yes that script was very useful.  Thank you very much!!

-Andrew

AJ

Monday, December 15, 2014 4:04 PM
  • Hi Thomas, this looks like a really useful script, but it doesnt work for me for some reason.

Could it be I have a number of folders named like this? Does the script need a tweak? Not sure why I have some with that string at the end.

BAE00939.4
    BAE00939.4.55e00564
    BAE00939.4.55e013e8
    BAE00939.4.55e01474

Monday, November 02, 2015 2:44 PM
  • Hi Thomas, thanks for taking the time to write a script to help others.

Unfortunately it is not working for me. When I run it i get:

PS C:\Temp> .\EnumerateBadPackages.ps1
    Count of Folders found: 247
    Count of Unique Folders found: 247

So there doesnt appear to be a tidy up exercise required, however i get the same error using this tool as everyone else.

Please help!

Monday, November 02, 2015 2:52 PM
  • Hi,

I have checked it, and yes these folders where not included in the Analysis: Here is an updated script:

$PathToDataLib = "E:\SCCMContentLib\DataLib" # Path to DataLib

####################################
    # Get Legacy Package Folders
    $folders = Get-ChildItem -LiteralPath $PathToDataLib | Where-Object { $_.Name.Length -ge 9 -and $_.Name.Length -le 19 -and $_ -is [System.IO.DirectoryInfo]} | Select-Object -Property @{Name="Name";Expression={$_.Name.SubString(0,8)}}
    $uniqueFolders = $folders | Select-Object -Property Name -Unique

# Display Statistics
    Write-Host "Count of Folders found: $($folders.Count)"
    Write-Host "Count of Unique Folders found: $($uniqueFolders.Count)"
    Function Get-Duplicate {
        param($array, [switch]$count)
        begin {
            $hash = @{}
        }
        process {
            $array | %{ $hash[$_] = $hash[$_] + 1 }
            if($count) {
                $hash.GetEnumerator() | ?{$_.value -gt 1} | %{
                    New-Object PSObject -Property @{
                        Value = $_.key
                        Count = $_.value
                    }
                }
            }
            else {
                $hash.GetEnumerator() | ?{$_.value -gt 1} | %{$_.key}
            }    
        }
    }

Regards

Thomas

Cheers,

Thomas Kurth
    Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Monday, November 02, 2015 4:47 PM
  • Your script still doesnt work for my Thomas unfortunately.

It has returned:

Count of Folders found: 257
    Count of Unique Folders found: 255
                                                          Count Value
                                                          ----- -----
                                                              3 xxx009E9

However, when i search or browse the folder structure, there is definitely only one folder?:

F:\SCCMContentLib\DataLib\xxx00939.4

Thursday, November 19, 2015 11:01 AM
  • Hi

The Script returned a Folder with 009E9 at end but you have found only one folder 00939.4. Is that only a mistake in you post or have you searched for another Folder in the filesystem?

Regards

Thomas

Cheers,

Thomas Kurth

Thursday, November 19, 2015 8:42 PM
  • I am also getting this error. I have run the below scripts, updated suspect legacy packages, removed any duplicate folders and I'm still getting the error. Is there any way to tell WHAT package it is complaining about?

Levi Stevens | Technical Consultant Dell Services

Friday, June 10, 2016 5:57 PM
  • Levi - would you put in a bug on Microsoft Connect AND a Uservoice entry for this, and post the links?

If you found a bug or want the product to work differently, share your feedback.
    <-- If this post was helpful, please click the up arrow or propose as answer.

Friday, June 10, 2016 6:19 PM
  • Opened feedback https://connect.microsoft.com/ConfigurationManagervnext/feedback/details/2808610

Levi Stevens | Technical Consultant Dell Services

Friday, June 10, 2016 6:47 PM
  • Hi,

SCCM 1606 u1 one primary with five DP

I have the same issue with the  Content Library Explorer i get "The legacy package does not have exactly one content." on one DP.

Can someone explain why this happend with, Content Library Explorer and if there is something I should be worried about?

Count of Folders found: 450
    Count of Unique Folders found: 449

Count Value                                                                            
    ----- -----                                                                            
    2 PSS00FDF 

/SaiTech

Thursday, January 26, 2017 4:15 PM