No english LIP RRS feed

• Question

• I had bought a computer in Hong Kong but it is in Vista home basic but its in Chinese. I want to download english LIP but i can't find the english. Please Help

Thanks

Thursday, January 31, 2008 7:42 AM

Answers

• There is no English LIP for Windows Vista Home Basic.  You'll need to purchase an actual "Full English Version" of Windows Vista and perform a "clean install".

Thursday, January 31, 2008 2:21 PM

All replies

• There is no English LIP for Windows Vista Home Basic.  You'll need to purchase an actual "Full English Version" of Windows Vista and perform a "clean install".

Thursday, January 31, 2008 2:21 PM
  • Isn't that a bit harsh?

I mean who will buy a second copy of vista for the same computer?

That's is not the way to reward honest customers who buy an expensive product rather than getting an illegal version...

I have just bought a laptop in Slovakia and despite the shop assistant's assurance that I could choose the language upon starting the laptop for the 1st time, it was in English only during the installation/set up process.
    Since there is no clause anywhere saying' you may return the laptop if you cannot understand a word it says' I cannot return or exchange it.

Seriously what are my (and many others in my case judging by posts in various forums) options? Buy a second copy of Vista? Unrealistic.

Please tell me there is or will be something.
    Sunday, October 4, 2009 5:36 PM
  • You can upgrade to Windows Vista Ultimate edition, then visit the Windows Update web site to download your desired language pack.
    See: Windows Anytime Upgrade
    Carey Frisch
    Monday, October 5, 2009 6:23 PM