size limits in Word 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a client that is worried about how large of a file actually, how many pages and pictures a word document can handle.  He is a writer and has always used something called Latex and a few other programs to create his books.  He faces the problem of Windows 7 and his Latex does not work right and is looking for other solutions.  The last book he wrote was about 600 pages with graphics and full color pictures on about 1/3 of the book.  I am no writer, never will be, but he also mentioned that this other program did all the "typeset" for him and layout for direct publication.  I am way out of my field with any answers, so I am looking to the MS-World for help. 

Bottom line, what should a writer use to write very large books? 

Thanks

Gordon.

Friday, May 20, 2011 6:05 PM

Answers

• You might want to take a look at fellow MVP Daiya Mitchell's http://daiya.mvps.org/bookword.htm

Hope this helps.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP,
    dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    Posted via the Community Bridge

"WYOCS" wrote in message news:c77e6ffd-dd8a-49c7-9f65-4e36edf2274e@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

I have a client that is worried about how large of a file actually, how many pages and pictures a word document can handle.  He is a writer and has always used something called Latex and a few other programs to create his books.  He faces the problem of Windows 7 and his Latex does not work right and is looking for other solutions.  The last book he wrote was about 600 pages with graphics and full color pictures on about 1/3 of the book.  I am no writer, never will be, but he also mentioned that this other program did all the "typeset" for him and layout for direct publication.  I am way out of my field with any answers, so I am looking to the MS-World for help.

Bottom line, what should a writer use to write very large books?

Thanks

Gordon.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    • Marked as answer by Harry Yuan Tuesday, May 24, 2011 1:31 AM
    Friday, May 20, 2011 8:58 PM