Attempting to install windows update or add features/roles RRS feed

• Question

• When I attempt to update windows, the downloader will either hang or display install error 0x80070543.

I get a similar error when I was also attempting to add feature. Cannot open an anonymous level security token. Error: 0x80070543

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Monday, June 1, 2015 8:24 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Confirm the setting on your server:
    1.Open elevated CMD, run “Dcomcnfg.exe” and press enter to open Component Service.
    2.Click Component ServicesComputers – right click My Computer and click Properties.
    3.Choose the Default Properties tab.
    4.Select Connect in the Default Authentication Level drop down list if it is set to None. Choose OK, confirm selection in popup and close dcomcnfg.exe.

If the authentication level is not set to None, don't change it. And if the problem still exits, is there any change before this problem happened? confirm that if any event has been logged in Event Viewer.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang      

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 4, 2015 9:11 AM

All replies

• I have not seen this particular error before, but I know that I sometimes have gotten strange errors and failure to download when my system has a time/date that is way out of whack.

. : | : . : | : . tim

Tuesday, June 2, 2015 1:43 PM
  • Thanks, but I have verified that it isn't the System Time. It is just weird. haven't had this error either.
    Tuesday, June 2, 2015 1:47 PM
  • Hi,

Confirm the setting on your server:
    1.Open elevated CMD, run “Dcomcnfg.exe” and press enter to open Component Service.
    2.Click Component ServicesComputers – right click My Computer and click Properties.
    3.Choose the Default Properties tab.
    4.Select Connect in the Default Authentication Level drop down list if it is set to None. Choose OK, confirm selection in popup and close dcomcnfg.exe.

If the authentication level is not set to None, don't change it. And if the problem still exits, is there any change before this problem happened? confirm that if any event has been logged in Event Viewer.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang      

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 4, 2015 9:11 AM