List to excel graph then graph to Web Part? RRS feed

• Question

• I've got a list which i want to export/connect to a spreadsheet to create a pivot graph.   Then i'd like to be able to place that graph into a web part, so when the list data changes, the graph changes.

Is this possible to do OTB in SP 2007?

If not, do you have any workarounds?  We can't purchase additional software nor write custom code :(

ajw

Thursday, July 25, 2013 10:53 AM

Answers

• What version of MOSS have you got?  If you have the Enterprise CAL, Excel services can pull it off.  Failing that, you'd need custom code.

An no cost altenative might be using the Amrein Engineering free Google Charts Web Part.  You can see it here.

http://www.amrein.com/apps/page.asp?Q=5749

Cheers,

Steven Andrews

SharePoint Business Analyst

Blog: Steve's SharePoint Space  Twitter:   LinkedIn:   Facebook:

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Thursday, July 25, 2013 11:55 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• What version of MOSS have you got?  If you have the Enterprise CAL, Excel services can pull it off.  Failing that, you'd need custom code.

An no cost altenative might be using the Amrein Engineering free Google Charts Web Part.  You can see it here.

http://www.amrein.com/apps/page.asp?Q=5749

Cheers,

Steven Andrews

SharePoint Business Analyst

Blog: Steve's SharePoint Space  Twitter:   LinkedIn:   Facebook:

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Thursday, July 25, 2013 11:55 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

Does Steven’s suggestion help you? Do you need any further support?

Thanks,

Entan Ming

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contacttnmff@microsoft.com.

Entan Ming
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, July 26, 2013 2:58 AM