Forwarding "INTERNAL DOMAIN" emails to Blackberry RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have an issue that I require your assistance with.

I have a customer who uses POP3 Connector to get emails from their Web Service Provider and they have Blackberry devices setup to receive email from that Provider.

When a user sends emails from the internal exchange server they obviously dont get forwarded to the blackberry, so I created a server rule that redirects internal email to that person's blackberry device (via mail contact).  However since I have done this when users send email via their Blackberry (i.e. Outside the Exchange Server) to other users inside the company the recipient gets doubles (since the email goes to the Service Provider first where the recipients blackberry gets it, and then again when its delivered to exchange).

Is there a Server side rule that I can create so that ONLY internal emails get forwarded to the blackberry devices (mailbox specific) or is there a better way to handle this?

Other Details:
    They use Exchange 2007 (via SBS2008), Outlook 2003/2007 and OWA in addition to their blackberries to send and receive email.
    Cannot host email directly on Exchange as their ISP currently will not allow them to have a PTR record created without upgrading their connection (which they dont want to do)
    Do not have a BES

Any Help is greatly appreciated

Tuesday, December 1, 2009 12:57 AM

All replies

• Is their domain registered with their ISP then? Surely you can change the MX record with the domain registrant whether it's the ISP or another company this should be nothing to do with upgrading a connection! If the ISP is trying that on move the domain away from them to someone else so you can control DNS yourself. Then you could host email via SMTP directly - but either way you're going to want to connect the BIS directly into Exchange.

You just need to start the IMAP service and change it to automatic - then forward port 993 on the companies router/firewall through to the SBS box and configure BIS with the companies IP or a DNS name that points to it as the mail server.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010 11:51 AM