core management packs SCE Sp1 RRS feed

• Question

• A little strange question but i have find a few nice management packs on downloadcentral.com like system uptime etc. they are for System Centre Operation Manager but maybe they can be used in SCE.

The only problem is when i try to import these packs they need other packs to be installed first like:

Microsoft System Centre. Instance Group library 6.1

Windows core library 6.1..

System Health library

and a few other core library's.

My question is: i have searched google etc. but where can i find these core library's, i have already installed several library's but they are 6.0 version maybe they are to old..

freddie
    • Changed type Yog Li Friday, December 24, 2010 6:40 AM
    Wednesday, December 15, 2010 11:15 AM

Answers

• Hello freddie,

During an Operations Manager 2007 installation, 40 management packs are imported by default. Of the 40 management packs that are imported during installation, most are libraries. For example, the libraries that you have mentioned: Health Library, Instance Group Library, Windows Core Library. Libraries are a special type of management pack that are designed to provide a foundation of object types and settings upon with other management packs depend. The management packs that you want to import to monitor applications, services, and devices in your environment will have dependencies on one more of these libraries.

You can view the list of automatically imported management packs in the Administration pane of the Operations console immediately after installation of Operations Manager 2007 is complete. To view a list of all the imported management packs, click Management Packs in the Administration pane of the Operations console. The list of imported management packs displays in the Details pane.

The default version of the libraries in Essentials 2007 is 6.0. And in Essentials 2010, it is 6.1. I would assume that the Management Packs are designed for Operations Manager 2007 R2. They may work for Essentials 2010 but not Essentials 2007 SP1.

Thanks,

Yog Li -- Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Yog Li Friday, December 24, 2010 6:40 AM
    Friday, December 17, 2010 8:42 AM