Installation : Error code 0x4E85 (20101) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello team,

I have this error code 0x4E85 (20101) with a software installation. I use CMCB.

The package has been successfully installed on multiple workstations.

I checked on the web and there is nothing about this error.

If you have clues, I'm interested.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

JOSEPH Michel

Tuesday, June 19, 2018 2:21 PM

Answers

• Hi, I just get the information : this is an intern error.

I'll check with the right team in my company.

I'm really sorry for this thread but there is no communication where I work, unfortunately.

Thanks a lot.

Kind Regards.

JOSEPH Michel

Friday, June 29, 2018 10:18 AM

All replies

• My version of Skype : 

Skype Entreprise Basic 2016 (16.0.4417.1000).

JOSEPH Michel

Tuesday, June 19, 2018 2:23 PM
  • Hi Michel.J,

Was this error code 0x4E85 (20101) generated from the CMCB?

Could you install the skype for business basic verson in one PC,without using CMCB?If you could install it , this SFB install package is normal,this issue was occurred in the CMCB

If you cannot install it ,please re-download it with this link.And try it again.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, June 20, 2018 8:54 AM
  • Hi Leon Lu,

First, thank you.

Then, yes this error code was generated from the software center (CMCB).

I don't have the rights to have the Skype's setup and to install it manually; but what I can tell, it's that the installation is working well with all my other virtual machines.

This is the first time I see this error. And there is no data about it on the web.

I've already ask help to SCCM/CMCB forum but they told me to come here.

Well, I don't know what to do if SCCM's team and Skype's team can't help me :(.

Maybe my VM is the problem.

JOSEPH Michel

Wednesday, June 20, 2018 9:58 AM
  • Hi Michel,

I also cannot find this error on the web and internal database .Please find the people who have the rights to install the SFB manually,so that ,we could troubleshot this issue.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, June 28, 2018 11:30 AM
  • Hi Leon-Lu,

I will do that and keep you inform :).

Thanks.

JOSEPH Michel

Thursday, June 28, 2018 12:59 PM
  • Ok ,Waitting for your update.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Friday, June 29, 2018 8:57 AM
  • Hi, I just get the information : this is an intern error.

I'll check with the right team in my company.

I'm really sorry for this thread but there is no communication where I work, unfortunately.

Thanks a lot.

Kind Regards.

JOSEPH Michel

Friday, June 29, 2018 10:18 AM
  • Hi  JOSEPH  Michel,

Nevermind ,i am glad to hear that you find the issue ,You are welcome.Please mark your reply as answer,it will help others who have similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Monday, July 2, 2018 8:19 AM