none
Monthly targets? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

From the searching I have been doing and playing around with Project, I suspect what I am about to ask is not possible but thought I'd check.

Is it possible to set monthly targets for a department. For some clarity we have monthly income target as a business and my team help to achieve that through the work they do. I want to do be able to monitor and report against that. The ideal scenario to get this setup would be to set it up Project, but I suspect I will have to just modify the Power BI report I have each year, which isn't a major problem.

Thanks.

Monday, November 18, 2019 10:51 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You might have several ways to achieve that.

A solution would be to consider that your projects' baselines are your target, which might not be quite true (baseline and budget are different).

Another solution would be to use budget resources (cost or work) in each of your projects, on line 0 (project summary task). You can set it timephased (monthly basis for example) and use it in PowerBI to compare your monthly budgeted cost against your monthly actual and planned cost.

You could also still use budget resources but in a global "target" project plan. Meaning that you could use a project plan only to set your monthly budget in case you don't wan't to split it between projects.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 1:15 PM