none
Networking woes with RC1 RRS feed

• Question

• Access to hosts on my local network work fine.  Access to hosts on the Internet, via a NAT gateway (a Cisco device), are either very slow or do not work at all.  Over time, the access appears to further slowdown.  Local access continues to work fine.

I have used a variety of devices - the Marvell Yukon NIC, a RealTek NIC, an old 3COM 905c PCI card, and something from LinkSys.  All cards display exactly the same problem.

I have tried the various suggestions of turning off checksums, no help.  I have tried a variety of drivers, no help. 

On the Beta 2 release of Vista I had no troubles.  All this is new with RC1 (the original, plus the recently released RC1 refresh).

I am starting to suspect it is an interaction with NAT on the Cisco - could this be possible?

Any ideas, suggestions, or fixes?

Thank you!

Sunday, September 24, 2006 7:59 PM

Answers

• Hello siegeld,

Did you try the following command

netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

It's working nice for me (Marvell Yukon and Realtek)!

It's a tips waiting the right solution.

I know some Cisco device like Pix with old firmwares have an issue with Windows products (RFC 1323). At present, I don't know more, I try to get more information.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 7:31 PM

All replies

• Hello siegeld,

Did you try the following command

netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

It's working nice for me (Marvell Yukon and Realtek)!

It's a tips waiting the right solution.

I know some Cisco device like Pix with old firmwares have an issue with Windows products (RFC 1323). At present, I don't know more, I try to get more information.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 7:31 PM
  • Thanks.  That did fix the problem.  I appreciate it very much!
    Saturday, September 30, 2006 12:29 AM