domain functional level not showing properly? not able to install exchange 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• I just upgraded my domain functional level this morning from 2003 to 2008 R2.  After 3-4 hours, I wanted to install exchange 2016 BUT I am getting an error stating that my domain is still not 2008 R2 in the setup.  I have tried just running the setup or/extending the schema but I get an error with both:

C:\Software\ExchangeInstaller>Setup.exe /PrepareSchema /IAcceptExchangeServerLic
    enseTerms

Welcome to Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 Cumulative Update 3 Unattended Setup

Copying Files...
    File copy complete. Setup will now collect additional information needed for
    installation.

Performing Microsoft Exchange Server Prerequisite Check

Prerequisite Analysis                                     FAILED

Active Directory Forest Functional level in the organization must be upgraded
    to Windows Server 2008 or later.
    For more information, visit: http://technet.microsoft.com/library(EXCHG.150)/ms.
    exch.setupreadiness.MsDSBehaviorVersionRequirement.aspx

The Exchange Server setup operation didn't complete. More details can be found
    in ExchangeSetup.log located in the <SystemDrive>:\ExchangeSetupLogs folder.

Do I just need to wait 24 hours or is there something else that i need to do to proceed? and yes, on all my domain controllers it reads windows 2008 r2 functional level. Have also run BPA against AD and it all looks normal.

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, October 20, 2016 9:29 PM

Answers

• Hi Joey,

You need to change the "Forest Functional Level" instead of the "Domain Functional Level" .

Please run the following command to check your current domain level (Run your PowerShell as Administrator):

Get-ADforest |fl rootdomain, ForestMode

If forest mode is not Windows2008R2Forest, please raise the forest functional level via the following command:

Set-ADForestMode –Identity yourdomian.com -ForestMode Windows2008R2Forest

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by JoeyC646 Friday, October 21, 2016 5:12 PM
    Friday, October 21, 2016 6:00 AM

All replies

• Hi Joey,

You need to change the "Forest Functional Level" instead of the "Domain Functional Level" .

Please run the following command to check your current domain level (Run your PowerShell as Administrator):

Get-ADforest |fl rootdomain, ForestMode

If forest mode is not Windows2008R2Forest, please raise the forest functional level via the following command:

Set-ADForestMode –Identity yourdomian.com -ForestMode Windows2008R2Forest

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by JoeyC646 Friday, October 21, 2016 5:12 PM
    Friday, October 21, 2016 6:00 AM
  • Thanks!  Been awhile since I upgraded domains and forests, forgot about forest functional level.  That did it.

Thanks again.

Friday, October 21, 2016 5:13 PM