Can I turn off wireless network acknowledgement in Vista? RRS feed

• Question

•  

Everytime I want to connect to a wireless network on Vista I have to right click on the wireless connection icon, select "Connect", then choose a network and after it connects I have to acknowledge a window by clicking "Close".  This is a lot of steps when I only have one network.  The worst of it is the acknowledgement at the end because it is completely useless.  It is also really annoying when I disconnect that I have to choose a network to disconnect from when there is only one. 

Is there an easy way to streamline this process so I do not have to acknowledge stuff and can disconnect quickly?

Saturday, April 26, 2008 1:31 AM

Answers

• HI,

With my experience, you are talking about the page that shows "Successfully connected to Network". I'm afraid that it cannot be turned off by design. I'll report this to the related team and hope the later version will consider more on senior users.

Thanks for your feedback.

Monday, April 28, 2008 8:46 AM

All replies

• HI,

With my experience, you are talking about the page that shows "Successfully connected to Network". I'm afraid that it cannot be turned off by design. I'll report this to the related team and hope the later version will consider more on senior users.

Thanks for your feedback.

Monday, April 28, 2008 8:46 AM
  • That is the message I was referring to.  Thank you.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008 1:20 AM