Sequencing Adobe Photoshop CS5 on Windows 7 64bit RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

am sequencing the Adobe Photoshop CS5 on Windows 7 64bit build, The installation had ended with Exit Code: 6 - Silent workflow completed with errors.

The error summary log is as shown below

Exit Code: 6

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 6 error(s), 3 warning(s)

WARNING: OS requirements not met for {667C8B6C-3EAF-4646-A8EC-D85CCC4D3D84}

WARNING: OS requirements not met for {7DFEBBA4-81E1-425B-BBAA-06E9E5BBD97E}

WARNING: 1 ARKServiceControl::StartService: Service not started/stopped SwitchBoard. Current State: 0 Exit Code: 0 Service Specific Exit Code: 0

ERROR: 548 Unable to move file at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\adobeTemp\{2EBE92C3-F9D8-48B5-A32B-04FA5D1709F A}\_497_ecaa88f7fa0bf610a5a26cf545dcd3aa" to "C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerTrust\AdobeXMPFileInfo CS5.cfg" Error 3 The system cannot find the path specified.

ERROR: 548 Command ARKMoveFileCommand failed.

ERROR: 548 Unable to delete file copy at "C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerTrust\AdobeXMPFileInfo CS5.cfg" Error 2 The system cannot find the file specified.

ERROR: 548 Error rolling back command ARKMoveFileCommand

ERROR: The following payload errors were found during install:

ERROR:  - Adobe XMP Panels CS5: Install failed

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------

but when am installing it normally on the same build it installs successfully without any errors.

does any one tried to sequence photoshop CS5 application?

Please suggest your valuable inputs on this?

Regards,

Srikanth

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 2:57 PM

Answers

• Hello

After deploying the sequence, the shortcuts seems to be working as normal(same as source), but not sure of full functionality of the application.

Regards,

Srikanth

• Proposed as answer by znack Sunday, November 7, 2010 9:25 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Monday, January 9, 2012 10:14 PM
    Wednesday, September 22, 2010 2:14 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Have you tried sequencing it on a 32-bit system?

/Znack
    Wednesday, September 15, 2010 3:14 PM
  • Hello,

I am having same problem with Fireworks, Flash and Illustrator CS5

I tried sequencing on Win 7 32bit, it gets sequenced successfully, but when i try to launch them on Win 7 64bit they give Licensing error.

Photoshop, InDesign and Dreamweaver CS5 do get sequenced on Win 7 64 bit and works fine.

Any help will be appriciated.

Regards,

Nisar

Thursday, September 16, 2010 1:41 AM
  • Hello

The application(Source) is meant for 64 bit machines. so didnt tried it on 32bit machines.

But i had tried it on 64bit XP machines, still facing the same issues as windows 7 64bit.

Regards,

Srikanth

Thursday, September 16, 2010 1:41 AM
  • Hello Nisar,

am facing the same issue with Photoshop and Illustrator on windows 7 64bit machines.

Could you please let me know how did you sequenced Photoshop CS5 on windows 7 64bit machines, as am unable to do it successfully.

any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Srikanth

Thursday, September 16, 2010 1:44 AM
  • Hi Srikanth,

I created a package for Photoshop, InDesign, and Dreamweaver CS5 through Adobe deployment kit for 64-bit and deployed it to Q:\<Asset Folder>, Start monitoring and install package msi with /qn switch. it worked fine.

Have you managed to sequence other CS5 products, if yes can you help me with that.

Nisar

Thursday, September 16, 2010 2:26 AM
  • Hi Nisar

Thank you very much for your reply.

I have tried sequencing by installing the setup.exe but no success got the error mentioned in my initial forum.

did you created the msi by Adobe Application Manager Enterprise edition?

if yes let me know what are products that needs to be installed prior to the installation of the msi.

I currently sequencing the Photoshop and Illustrator. facing similar issues with both the products.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Srikanth.

Thursday, September 16, 2010 2:58 AM
  • Hi Srikanth,

Yes i created msi with Application Manager Enterprise Edition.

No products need to be installed prior to msi installation.

Regards,

Nisar

Thursday, September 16, 2010 3:26 AM
  • I am able to sequence it successfully on 32bit machine, but the application is meant for 64 bit machines
    Thursday, September 16, 2010 3:46 AM
  • Hi Nisar

After creating the msi using the Application Manager Enterprise Edition there is a folder with name exceptions?

do we need to install these components at the time of the sequencing or ignore them?

Also some the VC related components are not being part of the process of build the msi. do we need to handle these components while sequencing?

Please suggest.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Srikanth

Thursday, September 16, 2010 3:50 AM
  • Hi Srikanth,

Just create an msi for Photoshop and install it first, after installation completes check if photoshop gets installed, if yes then install exceptions if required. These components can be installed as part of sequence.

Regards,

Nisar

Thursday, September 16, 2010 4:08 AM
  • Hi Nisar,

I have created MSI with the help of Application Manager Enterprise Edition.

Tried sequecing the MSI by executing in silent mode, the application seems to be installed successfully, the shortcuts and application files are installing properly, but the eventvwr shows MSI installation failed.

But still the shortcuts are working fine.

The MSI installs successfully without sequencing it.

Checked the msi failure with the hlep of the log file, but didnt find anything helpful. Need to investigate on this.

Thanks for your support.

Regards,

Srikanth.

Friday, September 17, 2010 1:41 AM
  • Hello,

Is there anything not working when deploying that sequence?

/Znack
    Tuesday, September 21, 2010 8:17 PM
  • Hello

After deploying the sequence, the shortcuts seems to be working as normal(same as source), but not sure of full functionality of the application.

Regards,

Srikanth

• Proposed as answer by znack Sunday, November 7, 2010 9:25 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Monday, January 9, 2012 10:14 PM
    Wednesday, September 22, 2010 2:14 AM
  • Hi Srikanth,

I created a package for Photoshop, InDesign, and Dreamweaver CS5 through Adobe deployment kit for 64-bit and deployed it to Q:\<Asset Folder>, Start monitoring and install package msi with /qn switch. it worked fine.

Have you managed to sequence other CS5 products, if yes can you help me with that.

Nisar

Eventhough i have deployed it to Q drive <Asset Folder>, the installation files automatically removed while sequencing. Hence there was no applicaitons captured after stop monitoring. But if i do the manual testing with out sequencing, the installation files are present in the Q drive <Asset Folder>.
    Thursday, October 14, 2010 3:52 PM
  • Hello,

The original error message originates from an attempt to update a 32-bit file ina  64-bit location.

Use 64-bit Photoshop to sequence on a x64-bit system.

Create a different package for 64-bit platform using 64-bit version of Adobe software

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack
    • Edited by znack Monday, January 9, 2012 9:26 PM
    Monday, January 9, 2012 9:09 PM