none
1803 Sysprep&Capture loses network during sysprep stage.

Question

• I have an 1803 Sysprep & Capture TS I've been using lately to create my 1803 WIM files. I've already captured 2 last week and now I'm trying to Capture another.

My VM is in Hyper-V on the same server as MDT. I boot up the VM as I did with the others, I link to \mdtserver\build$ then in the Scripts folder, I kick off LiteTouch.vbs. It begins the Sysprep steps but it states, can not find the script file \Mdtserver\build$\Scripts\LTICleanup.wsf

I know it's there as I can see it. The VM loses all network connection at that point. This hasn't happened when I captured this image as 1703 or any other VM's I upgraded to 1803. I upgraded this one exactly the same but this is failing by losing the network connection. Running a Diagnostic on the VM LAN says I need to install a network adapter. I never have had to do that before and am unclear of what I need to do. Any suggestions?

Monday, September 10, 2018 5:38 PM

All replies

• Note to this: In the error log I see that sysprep failed to remove Microsoft.XboxApp_25......

I ran the app-remover tool that MS emailed to me and it worked on my other two VM's. Not sure what is up with this one in particular.

After removing the Microsoft.XboxApp.25_25.....
    sysprep blew up on another app, DesktopAppInstaller_10.1.0..... so I removed that with a PS script.

THEN, sysprep blew up again on another app, 3DBuilder_13.....

None of these are listed in the App-Cleaner tool that MS supplied to me. This is just stupid.

Monday, September 10, 2018 5:44 PM
  • Hello,

Before Starting the capturing process You should run the UWP App removal Scripts that can cleanup the unwanted apps from the reference device.

Reference link

AppRemovalScripts

Tuesday, September 11, 2018 12:00 PM
  • Thanks. Someone else suggested running something within MDT. My problem is that I can't run this
    in my State Restore. That would make the assumption I already have a WIM to deploy. I'm trying to Create a WIM to deploy, through Sysprep and Capture. I have a VM in Hyper-V and that is where I need to delete the apps. If this script runs within a live OS on a VM, then I can give that a try. but I have no Deploy TS yet until I can MAKE an image file in the first place.
    Tuesday, September 11, 2018 12:42 PM
  • Update: This issue is happening only on one image. I have 5 tailored images with different software installed.

All of my VM's were upgraded to 1803 from 1703. I ran the App-Cleaner from Microsoft and I can sysprep/capture my images to a WIM and deploy them... except for one. It is a developer image with lots of
    sql software and DB's. I am wondering if something on it (I didn't build it) is messing with the apps not being removed. I have a continuation with MS on this issue but was wondering if anyone had an idea.

MS had me also run:

Get-AppXProvisionedPackage -Online | Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online

and it appears to have completed, yet I get stumped with XboxApp_25, among many other apps breaking sysprep. The log only mentioned one app at a time, so I would have to sysprep a dozen times to get a dozen apps causing issues.

Wednesday, September 12, 2018 8:44 PM