none
Deploy Image without sysprep? RRS feed

• Question

• Ok so I have used MDT before but have never figured this part out. When I deploy an image is there anyway that as soon as it is done installing the image it will just boot to the desktop, rather than wait for the "Installing Devices" and the OOBE mini setup you always get. With acronis we can deploy the image and we do not get all that. Is there anyway other than not sysprepping it? I know if you do not sysprep it that the SID will not change which is an issue since we join them to the domain, unless there is a workaround to generate a new SID without sysprepping. Also I am deploying Windows 7 using MDT 2013.
    Tuesday, March 18, 2014 3:36 AM

All replies

• NO, you must sysprep you image if you want to use it on several computers!

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 6:53 AM
  • Yes i agree with Henrik_Dahl you must have to sysprep image if you want to deploy. sysprep will prepare you image as hardware independent to get installed on many machines.

Akshay Pate

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 7:09 AM
  • Yes i agree with Henrik_Dahl you must have to sysprep image if you want to deploy. sysprep will prepare you image as hardware independent to get installed on many machines.

Akshay Pate

Yes I get that part, but is there anyway to skip or not have the initial configuration wizard?
    Tuesday, March 18, 2014 2:01 PM