user profiles RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

Heres the problem Im having. I have (or had) a domain computer that I had set up and it was working fine for about a year and a half. Then it ran into some problems. I.E. All of the web functions under IIS started failing, not sure why, Im presuming it was because I designed a web page using net framwork4.X and IIs was running 2.X. I thinking a script line in the program was at fault.

Anyway the problems got so bad that I had to eventually dump the server and reload the software. When I started connecting my XP computer back up to the new system I ran into a problem, it created a new user profile. following the advice under technet to transfer the old user profile to the new user profile worked,,,somewhat. I have all, or most of the documents and settings restored but! whenever i tried to use say companyweb or email it starts to install MSword.

Now, I thought that when I did the transfer from the old user profile to the new user profile all of the settings would have been updated and taken place so I wouldent have to go back and reset up everything.

I have several Win7's that I also would like to reinroll onto the system, will I have to reset up everything on them as well?

Simple

Wednesday, August 8, 2012 3:35 PM

All replies

• Hi!

Please try to repair MS-office using Ms-office setup again.Still you face the same problem problem try to re-install Ms-office by un-installing it.

Best option is Re-installing your Operating system ,mean a fresh copy of Operating system.

Friday, August 10, 2012 9:44 AM
  • Thanks Syed

I already preformed the instlation of MS-Office and "almost" everything works. I was hopeing that I would have all of my old settings that I had for my desktop, files and especially all of my mail settings. Unfortunally I'll either figure it out eventually or live without it.

thanks again

Simple 

Friday, August 10, 2012 3:25 PM