none
Is there a way to display tasks from the project site under the "My Work" section tasks in Project server 2010? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to see if there is a view I can create to allow project member to see all tasks under one view regardless if they are in the project plan or a task on the project site.
    Tuesday, January 27, 2015 10:56 PM

Answers

• Hi Dallas,

You would need to create a report using reporting services (Report Builder). The report will extract the tasks from the project sites (there is an option in Report Builder to define a datasource based on a SharePoint list).

It will be a little bit more complicated if you want to query the task list across multiple project sites

The report can be configured then to be displayed on the MyWork page.

But, before trying the report option ... I just had a thought that there is another option: you can try to use the content query webpart: http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/sharepoint-2010s-content-query-web-part.html

Try to add this webpart to the My Work page and use the task list and a filter like: Assigned to equal [Me].

Hope this helps

Paul

• Edited by PaulMarinescu Wednesday, January 28, 2015 12:48 AM
    • Marked as answer by Dallas Jan Wednesday, January 28, 2015 9:34 PM
    Wednesday, January 28, 2015 12:45 AM

All replies

• Hi Dallas,

You can either:

- create a custom webpart to display all user's tasks

- create a report to display the project site(s) tasks and add it to the My work page

- add the schedule webpart to the project site task page

Hope this helps

Paul

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 11:06 PM
  • Thank you Paul, I apologize for my lack of experience but can you briefly tell me how to do option 2 you provided?

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 11:12 PM
  • Hi Dallas,

You would need to create a report using reporting services (Report Builder). The report will extract the tasks from the project sites (there is an option in Report Builder to define a datasource based on a SharePoint list).

It will be a little bit more complicated if you want to query the task list across multiple project sites

The report can be configured then to be displayed on the MyWork page.

But, before trying the report option ... I just had a thought that there is another option: you can try to use the content query webpart: http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/sharepoint-2010s-content-query-web-part.html

Try to add this webpart to the My Work page and use the task list and a filter like: Assigned to equal [Me].

Hope this helps

Paul

• Edited by PaulMarinescu Wednesday, January 28, 2015 12:48 AM
    • Marked as answer by Dallas Jan Wednesday, January 28, 2015 9:34 PM
    Wednesday, January 28, 2015 12:45 AM
  • Thank you Paul for all your help.  I was able to accomplish listing all task by using the Content Query Web Part suggestions.  I really appreciate your assistance.
    Wednesday, January 28, 2015 9:32 PM