none
Internet Explorer and File Explorer keep being removed by Group Policy.

Question

• I have a windows 10 machine set up on our domain, every time Group Policy updates it removes the links that I have pinned to the task bar for Internet Explorer and File Explorer.

We are running server 2012 and haven't updated group policy specifically for windows 10.  Can anyone suggest any likely causes or settings that would remove these pinned icons?

Not a major issue but starting to annoy me now.

• Edited by ChrisCMartin Monday, December 12, 2016 9:22 AM Typo
    Monday, December 12, 2016 9:13 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    Please check if another group policy is configured to remove the pinned programs from taskbar, you could run gpresult /h to view the detail report.
    And could the removed programs be returned back on the next refresh of group policy? You could run gpupdate /force command to have a try.
    In addtion, how did you pin the programs to taskbar? Group policy?
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, December 14, 2016 1:24 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking how the issue going, if you still have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, and if you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be greatly helpful to others who have the same question.

Appreciate for your feedback.

Best regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, December 19, 2016 8:17 AM