none
Remove the Write acces to the end user

Question

• Hello everyone

I tried to apply the GPO in my pendrive so that nobody can read and write in this pendrive when inserted to the other machine .

I encrypt with bitlock policy it encrypt successfully but any body can read and write when inserted into other PC .

Although it is password protected bit I want even after open the pendrive with password nobody can have the write access .

Is it possible via GPo.

Thanks

Sunny

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 6:00 AM

All replies

• Hi Sunny,

Before going further, what environment do we have? If we are using a Active Directory domain, we can enable the following setting in a domain GPO and apply the GPO to the targeted computer accounts.

Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Removable Storage Access\Removable Disks: Deny write access

If we are not in a domain environment, we can configure the setting via local GPO on each computer.

Regarding controlling Read or Write access to removable devices or media, the following article can be referred to for more information.

Control Read or Write Access to Removable Devices or Media

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc730808(v=ws.10).aspx

Best regards,
    Frank Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 30, 2015 3:06 AM
  • Hello frank

thanks for reply

the solution you are provided I think this is for computer not the removable drive that is I cannot set the gpo in each and every computer in which my pendrive is inserted.

scenereo : I have some important data in my pendrive which I carry for demonstration purpose say I insert my pendrive to the desktop or laptop of any institution for demonstration(after unlock from he bitlock password applied in my pendrive ) purpose only , might be the staff of this institution copy or edit the content. so what should I do to protect myself in this scenereo .

Regards

sunny

Thursday, April 30, 2015 4:39 AM