Export Mails in .eml format RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

i need to capture a particular message in eml format

its the message from my internal application to internal user

Now when the message remains in queue i can take the copy in .eml format, but message are getting delivered , so i dont get time to export the message in.eml format

Please let me know is there a way for doing this 

My application team is chasing me for this , please help

Wednesday, July 31, 2019 11:33 AM

Answers

• Hi vgahod,

When the message has delivered, you can save the message as MSG and then convert it to EML. This can be done with the free developer tool called MFCMapi. Steps as below, please have a try and check if any helps: 

1. Save the message to Outlook Message Format (MSG) via File → Save As…
    2. Download MFCMapi
      Note: make sure you use version of MFCMapi matching your OL version (x64 for x64 outlook, x86 for x86 outlook).
    3. Start it, go to Advanced → Import/Export → Convert MSG to EML.
    4. Leave all the fields to default, press OK and choose the MSG file.
    5. Save the EML file to the desired location.

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com

• Proposed as answer by Niko.Cheng Friday, August 2, 2019 8:10 AM
    • Marked as answer by vgahod Tuesday, August 6, 2019 12:49 PM
    Thursday, August 1, 2019 3:25 AM

All replies

• Hi vgahod,

When the message has delivered, you can save the message as MSG and then convert it to EML. This can be done with the free developer tool called MFCMapi. Steps as below, please have a try and check if any helps: 

1. Save the message to Outlook Message Format (MSG) via File → Save As…
    2. Download MFCMapi
      Note: make sure you use version of MFCMapi matching your OL version (x64 for x64 outlook, x86 for x86 outlook).
    3. Start it, go to Advanced → Import/Export → Convert MSG to EML.
    4. Leave all the fields to default, press OK and choose the MSG file.
    5. Save the EML file to the desired location.

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com

• Proposed as answer by Niko.Cheng Friday, August 2, 2019 8:10 AM
    • Marked as answer by vgahod Tuesday, August 6, 2019 12:49 PM
    Thursday, August 1, 2019 3:25 AM
  • Hi vgahod,

Does the suggestion above help? 

If you have any questions or needed further help on this issue, please feel free to post back. If the issue has been resolved, please mark the helpful replies as answers, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

• Proposed as answer by Niko.Cheng Tuesday, August 6, 2019 1:40 AM
    Monday, August 5, 2019 1:55 AM
  • You can convert your files in an MSG format then convert them into EML format. The software is very useful to convert unlimited MSG files to EML format without losing information. The tool provides many advanced features that make the conversion very easy. It allows converting multiple MSG to EML Converter tool format at once. With this software, users can easily convert MSG files along with attachments. The application is a fast and advanced tool that can migrate all of your files very fast and safely. It’s a user-friendly software that can easily install your files. 
    Visit here:- https://www.osttopstapp.com/msg-to-eml.html
    Friday, February 7, 2020 5:01 AM