BSOD Error Install RRS feed

• Question

• Sorry for this double post

Hellow,

Yesterday i buyed windows vista premium, i try to install it, but i have a BSOD error in the installation (sometimes on 0%, othertimes on 40%)

The error: STOP: 0x00000124 (0x00000000, 0x80A438A8, 0xB2000000, 0x00070F0F)

I tried everything; (i used an other Hard disk, reset bios, delete all the pci cards, testing memory) but no results;

Does someone have the same problem?
    My system:

3500+
    2x 512mb ram
    Readon x700pro

Sorry for my bad english,

Thanks

Saturday, March 10, 2007 4:56 PM

All replies

• try installing on only 512 stick...

if then also the problem persists, then try updating your BIOS or even checking that your ROM is wirking fine...

I got his error in RC1 setup, but when i Repartitioned my HDDand removed two 1 gb sticks and installed on only 2 gb the problem went away.. well i had a x64 edition, but i think there could be a hardware problem as your setup is going to 40% also, so try to remove one stick and Repartition your HDD...

Saturday, March 10, 2007 6:16 PM
  •  Shantanu Kaushik wrote:

try installing on only 512 stick...

if then also the problem persists, then try updating your BIOS or even checking that your ROM is wirking fine...

I got his error in RC1 setup, but when i Repartitioned my HDDand removed two 1 gb sticks and installed on only 2 gb the problem went away.. well i had a x64 edition, but i think there could be a hardware problem as your setup is going to 40% also, so try to remove one stick and Repartition your HDD...

I used 512mb stick and 1024mb but there is no solution for this problem
    Now i test with a bios update

I installed a few mounths ago vista 5600 evaluation version on thesame computer, and this is working fine.  

Monday, March 12, 2007 9:07 PM
  • I've been trying to install Vista 64Bit for many days now with no luck. I've been getting all types of bluescreens while installing. Off the top of my head I can remember 0x9c and 0x124. Since I've been getting these bluescreens I've been frequenting these forums. I think I've tried everything. I've tried going into the BIOS and disabling pretty much anything that didn't have anything to do with the computer actually functioning including my USB mouse among other BIOS settings I've tried to configure. I've also flashed my BIOS with the latest 1/15/2007 BIOS version. I've tried using different DVD drives and hard drives with no luck. I've even purchased new Kingston DDR2 533Mhz ram. If anyone can please look into my issue and shed some light on this I'd really appreciate it.

My hardware specs:
    Kingston 1GB 533Mhz ram
    Maxtor 80Gb Hard drive (4R080LO)
    Intel Dual Core 3.0 GHZ
    PC Chips P23G MOBO with new BIOS updates
    512 Mb ATI Radeon 1650 Pro AGP with new Vista drivers on CD (which I always remove during instillation)
    Monday, April 9, 2007 4:06 AM
  • hello daniel, you are getting the error due to a feature of intel processor, its some machine check or something..  dont remember the full thing but i sorted this by disabling one cpu form BIOS.. just go to bios and check the options for single CPU or something... set it to force use one processor and VISTA WILL INSTALL...

sure..

and if you dont have this option then you can contact INTEL and /or the motherboard manufacturer, as i asked ASUS or this and they gave a specila bios version for my problem.. and it solved....

Wednesday, April 11, 2007 1:24 AM
  • Saturday, July 7, 2007 11:39 PM