none
MDT 2013 u2 WAIK 10 - Unable to create a Media RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Community,

I meet a problem while creating a Media from the DeploymentShare - Advanced Configuration - Media - Media001 - Update Media Content.

I use this method to create a USB MDT media for the Branch Office where there is no server.
    It worked in the past but from the upgrade to WAIK 10 / WinPE 10, I'm unable to create a new Media...

Find below the message when I try to Update the media contents :

Starting MDT Media Update
    Opened the media deployment share.

System.Management.Automation.CmdletInvocationException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at Microsoft.BDD.PSSnapIn.GenerateMDTMedia.ProcessRecord()
       at System.Management.Automation.CommandProcessor.ProcessRecord()
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.Management.Automation.Internal.PipelineProcessor.SynchronousExecuteEnumerate(Object input, Hashtable errorResults, Boolean enumerate)
       at System.Management.Automation.Runspaces.LocalPipeline.InvokeHelper()
       at System.Management.Automation.Runspaces.LocalPipeline.InvokeThreadProc()

Of course, the Media folder is not inside the DeploymentShare, it's at the root of my D: drive.

How could I solve this problem? An idea?

Thanks by advance ! :)

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 7:18 AM

Answers

• You should always uninstall the previous ADK (upgrades aren't supported) before installing the new one. After installing the new one be sure to update your deployment share.

You may need to uninstall any ADK or WAIK installs you have before reinstalling the latest ADK and then update your deployment share. Note that the new ADK comes with new templates and you should thus build new task sequences.

See the changes listed here - Changed answer file settings

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 1:19 PM

All replies

• Hello,

A little update concerning my problem :

There was maybe a conflict between the two ADK W8.1 and W10 installed on the server but after to have uninstalled the W8.1 ADK there is the same problem... I tried to create a all new Media without success, and restarted the server but nothing of new about this problem.

Monday, August 22, 2016 8:00 AM
  • Is anybody have an idea...?
    Wednesday, August 31, 2016 11:53 AM
  • You should always uninstall the previous ADK (upgrades aren't supported) before installing the new one. After installing the new one be sure to update your deployment share.

You may need to uninstall any ADK or WAIK installs you have before reinstalling the latest ADK and then update your deployment share. Note that the new ADK comes with new templates and you should thus build new task sequences.

See the changes listed here - Changed answer file settings

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 1:19 PM
  • Did the solution listed work for you?

I have the exact same issue.

Win10 ADK (10.1.10586.0) & MDT 2013 u2 (6.3.8330.1000)

Uninstalled ADK & MDT.

Re-Installed ADK.

Re-Installed MDT.

Updated Deployment share.

Created new media. (Not on the DS.)

Tried to update media, and receive the same error.  I have created new media on the local c: drive on the server as well as in a network share (which is where I have done this before), and neither will update.

Also created media on the same drive (e:) as the deployment share, but not within it. Same error.

All this was done with AV completely off.

Please help! I need to create an external deployment drive for an upcoming project.  I have done this in the past without this issue.

Thanks,

~Chris~

Thursday, October 27, 2016 2:18 PM
  • Fixed it!

As far as I can tell, the deployment share was not updated correctly when I first installed ADK10, and updated the DS.

Credit:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bff66452-b444-4a84-9fb8-73b3ec65c5a7/unable-to-update-winpe-setting-on-a-deployment-share-after-updating-to-mdt-2013-update-2?forum=mdt

After changing the version.xml file, and uupdating the DS, now everything is working again.

Thursday, October 27, 2016 5:18 PM