none
Bulk delete "Remaining Works" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All!

I have a Project Server 2010 (SP2) and a more thousand old projects with many tasks and assignments in them.

I need bulk remove a Remaining Work from these projects. I made a list with necessary Proj_UID's, I have full access in DB and I can bulk publicate projects. I think easiest way is modify data in DB's.

My main idea is

1. Use a data where PROJ_UID= <from my list> 
    2. set to zero the   [TASK_REM_WORK]  row in [dbo].[MSP_TASKS]  table in DB ProjectServer_Draft,
    3. set to zero the  [ASSN_REM_WORK] row in  [dbo].[MSP_ASSIGNMENTS] table in DB ProjectServer_Draft,
    4. and bulk publish the projects from list after it.

I use only Draft DB, cause don't want a hunt for these data in Published and Reporting both.

Am I right? 

Maybe I lost something? 

Thank in advance for answers! 

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 9:10 AM

All replies

• Hi,

don't change any data in DBs by queries!!!!! You will loose any support.

To bulk edit remaining work I see to possiblities: use PSI or a macro. With a macro, you can open all projects and change remaining work for all tasks. Howver, it will take more time than hacking DB.

Regards
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 11:36 AM
  • Barbara - thanks, but support for Project server 2010 already finished, isn't it? Anyway, my customer don't worry about support! :)

Macro is not an option. There are 1300 projects. Its too long.

Throught PSI - can You advice me some code or how to do: use Statusing Web Service and change assignments data? Only assignments or I should make zeroes on tasks too? 

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 12:17 PM
  • Hi,

there is some extended support available... Anyway, you will create some data inconsitancy when manipulating data in DB.

You can just do with Statusing Web Service. Assignment Level is enough. Remaining Work of assignments is rolled up to task level. Using Statusing Web Service just needs some approval in addition.

Regards
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 12:42 PM