Exception thrown at 0x64AC79E6 (WWLIB.DLL) in WINWORD.EXE: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x03B81E98. RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any way to access debug symbols for Word?

I am working on an activex control that does Word Automation tasks. It has been working great with all versions from Word 2000 up to Word 2016. The only version throwing the exception is the Office 365 build of 2016 when clicking the FILE Menu.

Friday, March 31, 2017 3:17 PM

All replies

• Is there any way to access debug symbols for Word?

I am working on an activex control that does Word Automation tasks. It has been working great with all versions from Word 2000 up to Word 2016. The only version throwing the exception is the Office 365 build of 2016 when clicking the FILE Menu.

Hi,

What's the ActiveX control used in Word? Could you please share more details about it?

It is better to provide the detailed steps here then we would follow it to confirm if the issue can be reproduced in Office 365 ProPlus version Word.

Also share your detailed Word version number here. Click File > Account > About Word to collect the information. Make sure you have installed the latest updates for Office 365 ProPlus.

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 3, 2017 8:36 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your response. 

The ActiveX control actually runs in Internet Explorer and provides the ability for users of our web application to edit Word Documents in the browser.

Unfortunately its not something you could setup on your side by following steps. My hope was that debug symbols would give me enough information to create a simpler project that I would be able to share with you.

My test environment is using:

Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus

Microsoft Word 2016 MSO (16.0.7329.1047) 32-bit

I also have a working environment using:

Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016

Microsoft Word 2016 MSO (16.0.4498.1000) 32-bit

Both have the latest updates applied

Monday, April 3, 2017 9:49 PM