how to set a dhcp server to give each class a different ip range? RRS feed

• Question

• hi

i have a dhcp server and my os is  server 2008 r2.

my network in A two-storey building and Each floor have a 3 classes and each class connected to a swich.

how to config scope for each class to get different ip range with other classes?

I appreciate the how to guide.

I apologize for the incorrect wording

Thursday, October 10, 2013 10:22 AM

Answers

• You can do this by configuring different VLAN on switch. Like :

VLAN 150 : Will contain ports from FA1/1 to Fa1/48 and enable segment 192.168.2.3 on VLAN

VLAN 200 : Will contain ports from FA3/1 to Fa3/48 and enable segment 10.10.1.2 on VLAN

This will restrict the IP's as per VLAN's, and nothing is required on DHCP.

Arnav Sharma | Facebook | Twitter Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, October 11, 2013 8:33 AM

All replies

• Do you want to give different set of IP's or different classes to different floors? Is this what you mean?

Arnav Sharma | Facebook | Twitter Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, October 11, 2013 4:51 AM
  • yes i want diiferent ip for each class.
    Friday, October 11, 2013 8:04 AM
  • You can do this by configuring different VLAN on switch. Like :

VLAN 150 : Will contain ports from FA1/1 to Fa1/48 and enable segment 192.168.2.3 on VLAN

VLAN 200 : Will contain ports from FA3/1 to Fa3/48 and enable segment 10.10.1.2 on VLAN

This will restrict the IP's as per VLAN's, and nothing is required on DHCP.

Friday, October 11, 2013 8:33 AM
  • thank you for help me

Friday, October 11, 2013 8:49 AM